New Tug

Ich

Well that's it, new company car/tug on order

Trying a Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer with the 1. 6 CDTI 136HP engine. Van is 1000kg so well within it's capacity

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

Well that's it, new company car/tug on order

Trying a Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer with the 1. 6 CDTI 136HP engine. Van is 1000kg so well within it's capacity

Enjoy :) My experiences with Vauxhall have always been very good.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

This will be my fourth, in order a Zafira A, a Zafira B, a Meriva which is the first tug.

My son isn't happy with his modern Vauxhalls, a nova and astra.

His astra has been in the garage for over 5 weeks having a new engine fitted and aircon compressor, he got it back yesterday.

Not so long back it had a replacement gearbox, Vauxhall paid most of that, warranty company £500.

Meanwhile the Nova failed to start yesterday to collect the grand daughter from school, turns out to be the battery.

The long delay for the engine repair was due to a well known warranty company trying and still trying to get out of paying. He's now thinking a lease car is his next move.

I've had two Vauxhalls in the distance past from new, both were reliable.

Neighbour onto second Antara as a tug. ..really likes them.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

His astra has been in the garage for over 5 weeks having a new engine fitted and aircon compressor, he got it back yesterday.

Not so long back it had a replacement gearbox, Vauxhall paid most of that, warranty company £500.

Meanwhile the Nova failed to start yesterday to collect the grand daughter from school, turns out to be the battery.

The long delay for the engine repair was due to a well known warranty company trying and still trying to get out of paying. He's now thinking a lease car is his next move.

A few years ago I heard of a guy at work that bought an Astra with very low mileage, almost new. He also had a very similar version of the same car but with sky-ship mileage and in need of some work.

He proceeded to swap nearly all of the mechanicals over, including the full engine, gearbox, brakes, brake pipes, suspension, battery, interior, the whole lot. Took him a couple of weeks. He then sold the nearly new car on in a private sale. .. I would not have like to have purchased that car.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I'm guessing you mean Corsa? Nova really isn't considered modern anymore,,,,

If that's the original Nova battery, it's at least 21 years old - they stopping building them in 1993.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

If that's the original Nova battery, it's at least 21 years old - they stopping building them in 1993.

There's every chance its not even the Nova model, she's pretty clueless with cars.

While she was broken down I was goggling for Vauxhall problems and was quite shocked by the number of problems.

By the way I'm not having a go at Vauxhalls I just think my son is unlucky, his previous BMW compact also had a engine rebuild at 60K, timing chain had gone another common problem on that model.

As I said I've had two Vauxhalls over 7 years totally reliable. But with issues typical for that era.

Edited by xtrailman

• 2 weeks later...

Phone call this afternoon from the supplying dealer in Kidderminster checking the spec I've given (colour, options etc.)

They may even supply 2 or 3 extra rear number plates F. O. C.

Delivery is expected early January as all our cars are a factory new build before delivery, the towing kit is a factory fit item anyway.