Unusual Oldie

cae

An oldie turned up whilst we were in somerset. Looked odd - yes I would put it 60-70's and the windows were all flat, double glazed plastic - so looks to have been slightly modified in that sense.

Then it hit me what really was odd. .....doors both sides! How odd - I will try and get some pics when they go out - if they do before we leave tomorrow. I guess it is ready made for continental touring!

A company called FISHER based in Hull I think, produced caravans in the '70's and '80's with 2 entry doors. They we're very well made, and in some respects over engineered. One of the ranges, which featured a rippled side was a called FISHER HOLIVAN.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

The Cheltenham Sable has the 2 doors and a forum member

has put photos on here.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/54721-cheltenham-restoration-recommissioning/

Dave & Annette .

07 Kia Sorento 2. 5 CRDi XE --- 2012 Lunar Clubman CK

It's a Royale Touranger apparently and dates around 1970. It was built to two exit doors which was a new idea at the time to create a through draught. One door allowed access via to toilet compartment.

It also had something which was to change caravan builds right to todays' - slatted bed base. Apparently they were the first to try this to reduce damp and improve ventilation. The company wasn't around too long - maybe they were built too well, or the ideas were too far ahead at the time.

Even has the club flags that sit in a chrome holder on the roof!

I have had 2 2-door vans over the years and my (unsuccessful) design for the Bailey competition was a 2-door . . they have been around since the 30's at least.

My last one, A Lynton Sabre of 1984 is illustrated here . .. (my ad when I sold it in 2004)

Edited by Disco Kid

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

WE saw a lovely old two door caravan at the CC Woodstock site a few years ago. It might have been a Carlight as it had clerestory windows.

Today I spotted a little old Eriba in a filling station on the A27 Chichester bypass, being towed by a huge '20s or '30s style American Gangster car. On the way home later was another tiny caravan in green and yellow, not sure of the make, towed by a green and yellow 2CV van. Has there been a show near Chichester?

On a similar vein, often parked in front of a house in the next village, is a delightful little Austin A35 with an old teardrop shaped van, both painted in matching yellow.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

has put photos on here.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/54721-cheltenham-restoration-recommissioning/

Indeed have seen one recently on back of a Mk2 cortina.

Geoff

Edited by shipbroker

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

has put photos on here.

Now that really is a lovely little caravan an a beautiful renovation. If you are still an active member Speedy155, and reading this, well done.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

WE saw a lovely old two door caravan at the CC Woodstock site a few years ago. It might have been a Carlight as it had clerestory windows.

Today I spotted a little old Eriba in a filling station on the A27 Chichester bypass, being towed by a huge '20s or '30s style American Gangster car. On the way home later was another tiny caravan in green and yellow, not sure of the make, towed by a green and yellow 2CV van. Has there been a show near Chichester?

On a similar vein, often parked in front of a house in the next village, is a delightful little Austin A35 with an old teardrop shaped van, both painted in matching yellow.

I saw a few round these parts today, including one towing an old Eriba! (about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Chichester at about 12. 45 pm, I wonder if it was the same one) There is a custom car event on at Santa Pod that they are all travelling to.

Has the revolution finally begun?