Windbreak Recommendation

We currently have a see through Jormax windbreak system with a gate to keep our dogs in. Sadly due to arthritis it is now getting painful to erect this windbreak which has proved to be excellent as driving in the poles is now getting a bit beyond us.

We are looking to selling it and replacing it with a windbreak that is simple to drive into the ground i. e. has a spike like a large nail on the end of it. We are hoping that someone has a windbreak like this and can offer recommendations. Thanks.

http://www. coveva. co. uk/windbreaks. html

http://www. windbreakleisure. co. uk/wp/

We see a lot of these at the dog shows supposedly easier to put up then the Jormax system - we have Jormax and they are heavy to put up

Edited by Happy Jack

Isabella windbreaks are expensive, but may offer a solution as they have short metal spikes that are easy to hammer into the ground, then the windbreak pole slides over it. The material is held up by cross member poles, so we use these to get the spacing correct between each short spike.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Thanks, but the Coveva was the first ones we looked and did not like the idea of the stays holding it up. The ones from Windbreak leisure look as heavy as our current windbreak.

We just want something simple and lightweight as it is also the weight that is getting difficult to handle. A light weight windbreak where we can sit outside around the BBQ with the dogs would be idea. We will have a look at the Isabella suggestion.

Oops just checked that the Isabella is even more expensive than our current system so that is out the window. :unsure:

Edited by DeltaTIowner

There is another other option similar to Jormax but they are lighter are Cornish Windbreaks. My mater has these and they are OK but not as heavy duty as the Jormax system. More like a traditional windbreak buy with tension bars

http://www. cornishwindbreaks. co. uk/

We did have a windbreak that had spikes as opposed to poles but it had to be guyed out - very light but flimsy - it may have been a Vango or a Coleman

The jormax are supposed to be the easiest to put up, so you may struggle to find something easier that still encloses the dogs safely. Can't you find someone else to help you put it up?

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

Thanks, but the Coveva was the first ones we looked and did not like the idea of the stays holding it up. The ones from Windbreak leisure look as heavy as our current windbreak.

We just want something simple and lightweight as it is also the weight that is getting difficult to handle. A light weight windbreak where we can sit outside around the BBQ with the dogs would be idea. We will have a look at the Isabella suggestion.

Oops just checked that the Isabella is even more expensive than our current system so that is out the window. :unsure:

What do you mean by not liking the idea of the stays holding it up? We have one and it is absolutely brilliant and the only one I've never seen blown down at the agility shows we do. We have the one with 2 double panels and 1 triple panel along with the gate. I find it really easy to put up even in wind as I leave the horizontal round poles threaded in the fabric so I only need to put the vertical poles in. This takes all of 2 minutes per panel. I can have the whole thing up and dog safe in less than 20 mins.

We tried with cheap windbreaks but my spaniels either got their nose under and pushed it up to get out, or clawed it down then jumped over the top!

2010 Lunar Delta Ti pulled by a 2012 Volvo XC60 D3 AWD remapped to 210bhp & 501Nm