&-Pin Plug Retainers

a13est

Hi all,

Many years ago I used some metal 7-pin plug retainers which were fitted onto the A-frame shroud and held the sockets whilst on site or in storage. These retainers would hold the sockets so they wouldn't trail on the ground whilst unhitched.

Can anyone suggest a supplier please?

Edited by a13est

Most caravan A-frame fairings have 'sockets' in the plastic to take the plug(s). A search on eBay for the term

caravan fairing plug holder

found quite a few though.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Rodders53: yes similar but not with that tag at the base -- just a small hole. My fairing has the provision of two indents (with holes in the bottom but they are too large in diameter to hold plugs. Imagine the sort of thing that you get to insert into a tubular coat rail to fit into wardrobes -- but larger in diameter.

Rita: no, not like that! but thanks for posting.

Alan

I assume the indents are just locations for a proper plug holder,

secured by a screw through the fairing hole. Or they are centres for cutting out with a tank cutter

http://www. ebay. co. uk/sch/i. html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601. m570. l1313. TR0. TRC0. H0. Xcaravan+plug+holders&_nkw=caravan+plug+holders&_sacat=0

Edited by gumdrop

An unusual set up on mine

A 12N & 12S plug on the fairing that are both fully wired, I also have 2 suitable leads with plugs on each end so I can totally remove the leads when not in use.

Changing to a 13pin for the next car and will rewire the 'van to provide the same set-up

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

I assume the indents are just locations for a proper plug holder,

secured by a screw through the fairing hole. Or they are centres for cutting out with a tank cutter

http://www. ebay. co. uk/sch/i. html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601. m570. l1313. TR0. TRC0. H0. Xcaravan+plug+holders&_nkw=caravan+plug+holders&_sacat=0

Yes, you are right gumdrop -- indents ready for retainers

Hi all,

To those who responded: I think I have found what I want from Caratek, just waiting for an e-mail from them to answer a question.

Thankyou ( just in case you think that I am one of those who is not appreciative! -- see topic 'Just a little bit rude')

Alan

Hi all,

Many years ago I used some metal 7-pin plug retainers which were fitted onto the A-frame shroud and held the sockets whilst on site or in storage. These retainers would hold the sockets so they wouldn't trail on the ground whilst unhitched.

Can anyone suggest a supplier please?

May I suggest you don't use these fancy fonts, your post is unreadable on smaller screens and as such may not get the benefit of responses.

Seconded. I couldn't read the OP so had to wait for a quote to see what it was all about. MS Comic Sans is often the culprit - iOS doesn't understand it.

Edited by TonyJover

May I suggest you don't use these fancy fonts, your post is unreadable on smaller screens and as such may not get the benefit of responses.

Point taken -- of course, I use one of those old-fashioned things called a 'P. C.'

Seconded. I couldn't read the OP so had to wait for a quote to see what it was all about. MS Comic Sans is often the culprit - iOS doesn't understand it.

You can alter your own settings in order to ignore others font preferences and over ride the settings with your preferred font.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Dreadly - you sure you can do that on the Mobile settings? I can't see how with a quick look.

Tony

Dreadly - you sure you can do that on the Mobile settings? I can't see how with a quick look.

Tony

Yea! - I'm sure you could but I cannot find it now :o Maybe a question for Ben. ..

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Point taken -- of course, I use one of those old-fashioned things called a 'P. C.'

No problem you just may get more help by using plain text.

You can alter your own settings in order to ignore others font preferences and over ride the settings with your preferred font.

Thanks deadly, found it now and switched it on.

Yea! - I'm sure you could but I cannot find it now :o Maybe a question for Ben. ..

Thanks for the suggestion. Thread now running in Feedback :)