Do I Need To Book - Am I Stupid?

MadMomster

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to find an answer on the C&CC website.

I'd like to visit on of the CS's next month but they are not part of the online booking system. Obviously I've tried calling the contact number listed for the site - first on Monday, then earlier today - but my calls are not being returned (not a very good first impression).

Do I actually need to book a CS - or do I just turn up? Or do I persevere leaving messages - in effect begging them to take my business?

Any advice gratefully accepted! Thanks

You do need to contact the CL to make sure space is available rather than just turn up. I have had the same problem and when I did manage to contact them, they told me they are no longer a CL or change of ownership.

All I did was try other CL's in the area until I got booked in.

Edited by Czech connection

Škoda Octavia Estate 2. 0TDi 4x4 towing a Compass Omega 482.

Sometimes they are farmers and are out working during the day. Maybe try evenings or elsewhere.

P. S. They are CS's in the C&CC and CL's in the CC :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Not actually booked a CL yet. But once you have the name google it and they may habe their own website with the phone number and email which could have changed.

Also goodle the reviews. ... very helpful.

I would book though as CL sites are smaller which is part of the appeal but does mean they are less likely to have space.

On the C&CC system the site finder section provides the links to websites for CSs if they have one as well as phone & email info.

a lot also have reviews from C&CC members

I don't know what the procedure for CC CLs is but they are not being discussed on this thread as such

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

If I'm not in a rush then I email them if there's a contact address. That way if I can't get through to them by phone they'll probably reply via email.

Always ask the price too, as some of the process on the search are outdated.

Thanks - I've done all thats been suggested. ... calls/messages at different times, email sent. ... and still I wait, growing more and more impatient.

This particular one suits me as (if the info is correct) it's got EHU and a kids play area, so ideal for me. But getting the right hump with the lack of customer service.

You need to remember that these CLs and CSs are informal sites that only take five caravans. They are not big, commercial enterprises but are working farms or even houses with large gardens. .