Omnistor "caravan Style"

philspot

Having decided to dispose of our Dorema porch awning (see Classifieds if interested), we though a simple "bag awning" might be what we want next. I have read a fair bit about the above Omnistor Caravan Style, and I know I could order one online, but I'd like to see one in the flesh, so to speak, or have a review from a member of the public, rather than from an organisation.

So, does anyone know of a dealer offering these on show at their premises (SE England preferred), or does anyone already use one?

If at first you don't succeed, it may be best to give up.

Hi Philspot,

I have used a Omnistore rollout caravan Sun Canopy for several years and it suits us fine. Put it on the caravan at the start of the season and remove it for the winter. Very easy to put up and retract, but it does take two people because of its length (ours is 3m long).

Would reccomend if you want a quick easy to erect Sun Canopy. We also purchesed an End piece and a front, which helps to keep sun out when low in the sky.

Thanks. ......Paul

Outfit - Sterling Eccles Solitaire + Vauxhall Antara SE 184 Auto

Hi Philspot,

I have used a Omnistore rollout caravan Sun Canopy for several years and it suits us fine. Put it on the caravan at the start of the season and remove it for the winter. Very easy to put up and retract, but it does take two people because of its length (ours is 3m long).

Would reccomend if you want a quick easy to erect Sun Canopy. We also purchesed an End piece and a front, which helps to keep sun out when low in the sky.

Thanks. ......Paul

Thanks, Paul, very helpful.

Martin.

If at first you don't succeed, it may be best to give up.

We have the Fiamma Roll out canopy, think it's very similar. Was reluctant to ever consider one, but wife beat me down and finally gave in. We have the bits that also make it a room, CS lite kit is what its called. Have to say, brilliant bit of kit, designed for light summer use, but ours has stood up to some pretty rough weather, and best thing is, it goes away wet with no problems or headaches about drying it. Had loads of porch awnings over the years, won't be needing any more now though.