Kampa Continental Cushioned Carpet?

sunshinetours

Has anyone got this breathable carpet yet?

http://www. towsure. com/product/Continental_Carpet_Suits_Kampa_Rally_390

Looks interesting and something I am sure my OH would love!

Edited by sunshinetours

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I use a tent carpet I bought from Attwools seven years ago,

not as posh as the Kampa, more like a big picnic blanket.

Incidently we have sewn picnic blankets together for our

back end (of the season) caravanning, normal groundsheet

and warm carpet on top.

The Kampa does look nice though.

I've got one, I still use a cheap breathable groundsheet under it to stop it getting mucky if it gets very wet on the pitch, the carpet feels quite spongy underfoot and seems to be fairly hard wearing so far

I've got one, very comfy under foot, but when it's a tad breezy and the wind gets underneath it, it likes to balloon up in the middle, I've never had that on any carpet but this one.

Looks proper nice though.

We use an easy tread now instead,

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

We have one, nice and cushioned underfoot, packs away to decent size, due to the weave it dries very quickly if hung or draped over chairs.

Brilliant thanks all - sounds like one for the list then

Just use a normal Easy Tread one at present which is fine but not particularly nice on bare feet

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

• 1 year later...

I bought this carpet from Towsure, because I thought of them as a reputable company and if I had any problems they would deal with them, What a big mistake.

After two days use holes started to appear in the areas below the caravan step and the camping chairs. The damage caused by the caravan step was a particular surprise as I use a very lightweight step with a large surface area in contact with the carpet. This carpet is advertised as "Exceptionally hard wearing". I contacted Towsure and they said that this is normal wear and tear and are not willing to accept the return of it. I also contacted Kampa and they said the same. I have been caravanning for 27 years and never had a problem with any groundsheet before.

I will not be shopping in Towsure again or buying any more Kampa products.

I found the same with mine but it did say something about chair legs etc may cause dents so protect them, I found the steps did the most damage so put some non slip coasters under the legs, chair legs have been ok so far but could see them going through eventually, the carpet's a very loose weave and not a great design for camping furniture. We put another groundsheet underneath it to make it a bit thicker and so it's not directly onto the hard standing which we are only ever on.

Our Continental was split on opening so had to return. Unfortunately the material being used is definitely not very hard wearing although comfortable underfoot!

For the exact reasons above I went for the other non cushioned mat that Kampa do. I was advised by the caravan shop I use that it was more durable and offered better resistance to items placed on it as well as use by children. Although it would not be as comfortable under the feet.

Had one for 2 years still like new. Just changed awning and bought another as original was too small for new kampa fiesta pro 350.