Vandalism. Why Are Some People So Selfish?

not so big john

WE stayed at Moor Lodge, north of Leeds, over the bank holiday weekend. This is a beautiful site, one of our favourites. It has won great praise from the AA inspectors and when the new toilet block was installed in 2009 it won the English Tourist Board "Loo of the Year" award. We returned on Monday to find that the coat hook had been removed from the back of one of the shower doors, the soap dish had been torn from the shower fitting, and the deluxe shower head had been replaced with a cheap nasty one.

Rod, the owner, and Jamie his son who now runs it day to day, work so hard to maintain this site to the highest standard. They even provide soap and fresh hand towels in the loos. I just fail to understand why some numpty has decided to come along and spoil it.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

And used loo paper on the floor. .......Let me know if you find out who they are!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Do a DNA on the loo paper Wispy!! :)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I remember a few years ago when Daleacres updated their large toilet block. The warden of the site told me that on the first day of opening 2 toilet seat were stolen, they were the wooden type.

Unbelievable.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Its basically theft, and watching the TV news this morning it seems that the police are washing their hands of petty theft. I don't blame the police, it is not them that set their resources.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

Used the loo in Conway Castle on Tuesday and had to have a word with someone in the shop to alert them to its condition.

Lovely clean toilets and well maintained except for one. Someone had delighted in - well - I'll not be too graphic - forgetting to flush when a flush and MUCH more was certainly needed!

Do you think these people have a grudge against society? Do they think it funny to foul a public toilet? Do they boast about what they have done?

Like everyone on this forum I am completely at a loss as to why some people behave like this.

As for the stealing - again - simply don't understand. I suspect many items taken are simply discarded later.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

Because they are thick,with no social conscience. ....I suspect.

With you there 100%. I am disappointed but not suprised that there are such people within the caravanning community. Flog 'em if they find 'em. They care for no one but themselves.

Flog 'em if they find 'em.

But who would but them? ;):D

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

This is why I avoid commercial sites like the plague! CLs and Club sites every time for me!

Funny how this very rarely seems to occur on overseas sites?

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Unfortunately we now live in a society where those who have been out of work for a long time seem to think they are owned something and those who steal or vandalise everything they can (usually the same class of person).

I wouldn't expect to see those sorts on a Caravan site because carvaning isn't a low cost past time to take up, but then if camping is offered on the same site then that's different.

This is why I avoid commercial sites like the plague! CLs and Club sites every time for me!

Funny how this very rarely seems to occur on overseas sites?

Never find it a problem on well chosen commercials.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Never find it a problem on well chosen commercials.

That was the point I was trying to make. Moor Lodge is a quality site, always immaculate and certainly not cheap. Rod and Jamie are careful about who they take in, too. I don't think it is out of work people, or "Xxxxxxx Scum", as was been suggested earlier in a rightfully deleted comment. All the people I have seen there have been what one could consider to be "normal", "middle class", "respectable" caravanners. Obviously one was not!

Unfortunately we now live in a society where those who have been out of work for a long time seem to think they are owned something and those who steal or vandalise everything they can (usually the same class of person).

I wouldn't expect to see those sorts on a Caravan site because carvaning isn't a low cost past time to take up, but then if camping is offered on the same site then that's different.

Ahhh its the unemployed, and its tent people. Of course. Caravanners are just so middle class, and middle classes dont steal or vandalise do they. :o

Have a chat with anyone who looks after a public toilet, whether it is John Lewis, or Glastonbury, the stories will put you off your dinner, maybe more than one. At the end of the day, there is a section of society that are absolute pigs, and they ruin it for everyone.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

I have been a member of two gyms, the first one, in a "posh" area, car park full of expensive motors and frequented by more than a few hooray Henry's and Henriettas, toilets always full of unflushed number twos and ***** all over the seats. Second gym, a "peoples" gym full of hairy asked knuckle draggers and sink estate gym bunnies, spotless. ..

I have been a member of two gyms, the first one, in a "posh" area, car park full of expensive motors and frequented by more than a few hooray Henry's and Henriettas, toilets always full of unflushed number twos and ***** all over the seats. Second gym, a "peoples" gym full of hairy asked knuckle draggers and sink estate gym bunnies, spotless. ..

I suspect the Hooray Henry's are used to having some poor Filipino slave to clean up after them, while the knuckle draggers have harder wives!

Very sweeping generalisation. I work in the facilities department for an insurance company. It's our responsibility that hints work day to day. We sub-let a number of floors in our building to other insurance companies, so I have to look after those floors as well. All vry middle class & well paid employees, but I it isn't bolted down it gets nicked. We've had toilet seats stolen, flush handles from toilets go missing, light fittings disappear, sink plugs last about 10 minutes so we've given up refitting them. We installed a wireless keyboards & mouse in every meeting room. they went walkies as well, but they'd normally forget the dongle from the back of the PC so they now have 2 bits of useless plastic. This all by well paid middle& upper class staff.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I think the title of this topic should read 'pathetic' rather than 'selfish'!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

I've got 30 wireless keyboards a mices. ... Anybody got spare dongles for them ???

I've got 30 wireless keyboards a mices. ... Anybody got spare dongles for them ???

:lol::lol:

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Have a chat with anyone who looks after a public toilet, whether it is John Lewis, or Glastonbury, the stories will put you off your dinner, maybe more than one. At the end of the day, there is a section of society that are absolute pigs, and they ruin it for everyone.

Why insult pigs?