Chest Of Drawers

northernblue

We deliberately bought a van without the chest. Makes the front bed even bigger.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

That's why my wife went for the twin single beds northernblue. ... ;)

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

dch

Why don`t manufacturers make them in a way that they fit underneath the slats of the bed?

I had a 1998 Avondale Grampian caravan which done just that.

Made a massive bed area that would sleep our 5 Grandchildren.

It just slotted on to the front wall, under the window. Just lifted out

and stood on the floor and the bed slats just pulled out over it.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

We don't have one and don't want one!

A simple flap up table for drinks/snacks and an under slat cupboard for storage far simpler and neater IMO, and a cushion on top gives an extra seat if required aswell

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I have tried sleeping with them in place but don`t like it, makes it harder to get to the wife ;)

Without going into details about why you want to "get to the wife",I am struggling to see what difference the chest makes if you're sleeping across the van.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Without going into details about why you want to "get to the wife",I am struggling to see what difference the chest makes if you're sleeping across the van.

Agree so I assume they sleep down the van on the bench seats. I sleep across the van and relegate the wife to the fixed rear.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

The problem we find with the chest of drawers when sitting either side it is difficult to pull open the drawers. The drawer fronts are stopped by the seat cushions

Discovery 4 & Lunar Clubman SB.         Sailing close to the wind

We bought wrap-round seat cushions for one caravan and relegated the chest to the loft. That one had a central dinette we ate at.

Replaced the chest and sold the cushions when we got a new 'van with fixed bed and centre chest with a small pullout-flap over table to eat on. Never ever made up the front bed.

Now we have a twin fixed bed 'van and it came with wrap-round seating. We missed the convenience of the chest / table so bought one for it. ..

On all previous caravans the chest would relatively easily lift out. Bailey screw the chest down to the seat bases so it is well and truly fixed! No chance of putting it anywhere else and making up a super big front double bed!

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

The problem sleeping across the bed is that whovers closest to the front had to climb over the other person to go to the loo.

If you sleep lengthways you can just shuffle down the bed without disturbing each other.

We tend to use singles though so the dog has space to sleep on the floor. Never had problems with, er, access ;)

Edited by fatgit

No central chest. Where would I put 2 drawers of useful 'stuff' accumulated over years of caravanning?