Mains Water Connection

California dreaming

Hello, has anyone experienced a problem using a mains water connection system ? I have the whale aqua source, but find that flow of water from any of the taps is quite slow, showering can be a bit long winded ! But also the flow can sometimes just be a trickle . I need to have the pump switched on to aid the flow rate, although it's not a great deal better .

My understanding of using the aqua source means you don't need to use the pump ? Do I have a problem somewhere or it just 'normal ' ?

My van is a bailey senator California 2009

Do you get a decent flow using the barrel and the pump alone. Is your filter blocked? Have you removed the screw on filter on all taps and cleaned them out, there is a small gauze in them that sometimes get blocked.

Thankyou for your suggestions, to be honest I've haven't tried the pump/aquaroll, have always used the hose but I can see it makes sense to have a comparison atleast !

Thankyou, I will report my findings

Had the very same with our Bailey California (2009) - never did get to the bottom of it though. :(

Flow through pump and aqua roll was always very good.

Edited by maplecottage

Forgive me my ignorance, but do you have the mains water connected direct to the van or have I misunderstood?

I thought we all used aquaroll and pump. I chucked the filter awzy.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Take the aquasource off the van. Turn tap on to allow the pressure to build up in the aquasource hose, then push your finger in where the valve would release the water out of the connector (where it connects to the van). Sometimes I find mine gets a bit stuck and only allows a small amount of water out. By putting your finger In You are checking to see that the water volume is fine. If so, reconnect to the van and you should be fine, water should flow as per normal then

Pump switch should be off btw

Edited by milkymarsh

Forgive me my ignorance, but do you have the mains water connected direct to the van or have I misunderstood?

I thought we all used aquaroll and pump. I chucked the filter awzy.

Some caravans are designed for direct connection, eg current Lunars.

Unless the filter is blocked, it's not an issue - but with direct connection, low mains water pressure could be the issue.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Some caravans are designed for direct connection, eg current Lunars.

Thanks BG - didn't know that

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I've just bought one of these but haven't had a chance to use yet. Are you saying that you would plug into van, turn outside tap on and you're ready to go? I have an onboard pump. Do I not need to switch this on?

On the whale web site it also mentions removing the inlet strainer to use. Anyone know anything about this?

Regards
Robert
Ford Kuga 150 TDCI Titanium. Bailey Pegasus II Verona

Hey thanks people ! :-). I'm new to this site but in 24 hrs I've been given lots to think about and check . Wispman, yes the hose is connected direct to the van, in past vans I've used an outside pump with an aquaroll with no problems, but having bought an aqua source hose I figuered I could be even lazier and not have to think about making sure I don't run out of water, but it's not proving as easy !

Milkymarsh, yes I will check that, never thought the pressure on site could be low, good thinking ! Possibly could the bar pressure of a whale pump be better than that of the regulated pressure on the plug on the hose ?.?.

Will report my findings, Thankyou

Hey thanks people ! :-). I'm new to this site but in 24 hrs I've been given lots to think about and check . Wispman, yes the hose is connected direct to the van, in past vans I've used an outside pump with an aquaroll with no problems, but having bought an aqua source hose I figuered I could be even lazier and not have to think about making sure I don't run out of water, but it's not proving as easy !

Milkymarsh, yes I will check that, never thought the pressure on site could be low, good thinking ! Possibly could the bar pressure of a whale pump be better than that of the regulated pressure on the plug on the hose ?.?.

Will report my findings, Thankyou

California - No need for the pump. On the mains water pressure, it doesn't use the pump, whether on board or not. Its the mains pressure that keeps things going quickly, so turn the pressure up on the supplying tap.

You may also have an airlock, so in the usual manner of aquaroll etc, drain it all down & have another go.