Compass Corona 524 Water Heater

Bababrown

Newbie here, just ought van 2005 model but owners book missing. Got everything working apart from trumastore water heater . Can I run this just off electric ? Have 2 dials on wall . First dial marked 500, 1000, 2000 with 1-9 on which I think operates the heater . Other dial has numbers to 70 in middle and outer ring which turns to flame symbol . Light turns green when turned then the red light comes on . Not really sure what to do . Research says there should be a switch for the heater but the only one I can find is under opposite seat fused with orange light on . Any help advice would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Hi Bababrown, welcome to caravan talk, do you have 2 flick switches to the right side of the sink above the work surface, and above the plug socket. If so the one nearest the sink is your water heater switch, flick that one and the water should heat up to 70 degrees on EHU, the two dials above the sink are for the room heater and the other one with a small gas flame symbol on is for heating the water on gas, turn it on and a green light appears and you should hear the igniter tick on the heater.

Also I think the green light changes to red if no gas is present at the water heater after a set time, the dial with 1-9 on is the room stat for the room heater on electric, and on the top right hand side of the heater is the temp stat for room heater on gas

Edited by F185

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

The water heater will not run on gas if the flue cover is on. On the off side of the van next to the water pump inlet there should be a long white plastic cover, take this off and your gas water heater should work.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

For the water heater on gas make sure your gas is turned on at the bottle and any external flu covers (if your caravan has them)are removed.