Crusader Typhoon

jphowson

I have just bought this caravan. One problem I am having. when I connect electrics to car and is running the voltage meter goes up and then drops to zero and Fridge goes off as well. And when car power is cut its back to normal. I have 13 Euro plug on car with short adaptor.

I have just bought this caravan. One problem I am having. when I connect electrics to car and is running the voltage meter goes up and then drops to zero and Fridge goes off as well. And when car power is cut its back to normal. I have 13 Euro plug on car with short adaptor.

Sounds just fine.

The van has a habitation relay which detects when the engine is running and turns the caravans 12v supply off and charges the leisure battery + operate the fridge on 12v if set to that mode.

As soon as the engine is switched off the relay disconnects, and the vans 12v circuits reenergise.

The fridge only works on its 12v / battery setting when the engine is running.

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

Hi thanks for the reply. I set the fridge to 12v and once the engine is started it cuts off and then turns back on once the engine is turned off.

How do you know the fridge is not working? I have never managed to work out if ours works on 12v other than the beer & wine is cold when we get to site!

How do you know the fridge is not working? I have never managed to work out if ours works on 12v other than the beer & wine is cold when we get to site!

Not the red I hope 🍷🍷🍷

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Not the red I hope 🍷🍷🍷

Oh no. Mrs G only drinks white. ......

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍹🍹🍹🍹🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻🍻🍻🍔🍟

When car is not running the interior light on the fridge is on. And goes out when car is started.

When car is not running the interior light on the fridge is on. And goes out when car is started.

Ah, it maybe that the light is fed from the vans 12v circuit and therefore cuts out when the habitation relay cuts in. The element will be fed from the car directly.

If you post in the fridge section with the make and model somebody will confirm for definite if that's correct.

Is there a volt meter in the caravan? I'm sure you said it drops when the car is running.

It sounds like a fault on the car tow electrics. Do you have a friend who has 13pin on their car? This would rule out your car or caravan.

If it is the caravan could be the habitation switch is faulty.

I had to wire one of my cars tow electrics once and when the car was on all the caravan internal lights went out. Also the got meter dropped to 0v and the fridge went off. Which sounds like the same fault.

Edited by IanT599

Car - Range Rover Autobiography and a Range Rover Vogue
Caravan - 2015 Compass Rallye 644 with Isabella Commodore, Isabella Magnum Coal 250 and Isabella Eclipse
Trailer - Sankey Mk3 Widebody

Thanks for the reply IanT. Yes the volt meter drops. My car has a 13 pin plug. And tried it with other car with twin sockets and it's still the same.