Gas Bottle

phaedrus

Keep it. You have originally paid a deposit on it? It is a rented item if it is Calor.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

The way that most dealers appear to work is that anything included with a caravan purchase is removed an either sold seperatly or elswhere. Most dealers want somebody who has just purchased a new van to then go on and buy a load of stuff from their onsite shop. Also there is a worry that anything left in or sold with the van may come under the same warranty.

Anything you leave in the van will be removed. It is fairly standard practice to remove any items such as this from a van when selling to a dealer IMHO.

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I made a mistake when we chopped in our last van. It had a broken A-Frame fairing and I had a replacement still in its shipping box. I included it with the sale so that the dealer could fit it prior to sale. He ended up selling the van as-is and flogging the new fairing on Ebay!

I could have done that. ..

Tony

Keep it, the rental of the bottle belongs to you. Or give it to a friend who caravans.

Keep it, the rental of the bottle belongs to you. Or give it to a friend who caravans.

Last time I bought a used van from a dealer he wanted me to leave the EHU connection cable and the steady winder and nothing else. .you keep the bottle.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

When we got our new caravan, we were told to make sure all we left in the caravan we were part exchanging was the bits that came with it when we bought it from them. These bits were EHU lead, step, steady handle. All the rest, battery and gas bottle were transferred to the new caravan!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Last time I bought a used van from a dealer he wanted me to leave the EHU connection cable and the steady winder and nothing else. . you keep the bottle.

geoff

The EHU cable surprises me as IMO the dealer would legally be required to get it tested. We were told they were unable to do anything with one but bin it.

Keep it, I once let two full bottles go (don't ask) and I still weep about it now.

Use it for a BBQ, or a paper weight but keep it!

(the dealer will sell it as an extra anyway )

The EHU cable surprises me as IMO the dealer would legally be required to get it tested. We were told they were unable to do anything with one but bin it.

That may be the case now, and quite acceptable. ..they actually rang me up and asked where was it!...but that was 6 years ago.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530