Cobham Services M25

Woodie106

Just pulled in to theses services on the M25 & the place is full of caravans being towed by transits. Many with no number plates on.

Just be very careful if you are using Cobham services & stay with the van.

Edited by Woodie106

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

There's still a lot of work going on at this fairly new service area. Only a couple of months ago I saw in the local news that a planning application had been put in to extend one of the hotels. Also rain water run-off is causing problems in an area already prone to flooding. It just might be that the caravans and transits belong to workers who are still working there.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

We were there today and left just as they were arriving. A lot of big Lord/Munster vans, usually a sign of the travelling community, but most just with a driver, no family in evidence, so perhaps a genuine mobile workforce.

Incidentally we were there Bank Holiday Friday and it took nearly an hour to get back on to the M25.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

We were there today and left just as they were arriving. A lot of big Lord/Munster vans, usually a sign of the travelling community, but most just with a driver, no family in evidence, so perhaps a genuine mobile workforce.

Incidentally we were there Bank Holiday Friday and it took nearly an hour to get back on to the M25.

Travellers have very recently been moved on or evicted from "wild camping" on a nearby Surrey Common.

Just pulled in to theses services on the M25 & the place is full of caravans being towed by transits. Many with no number plates on.

Just be very careful if you are using Cobham services & stay with the van.

So who elected you to sit in judgement of others? Do you know any of them? Do you know their circumstances?

Have you got enough tar,do you need a bigger brush?

Have you got enough tar,do you need a bigger brush?

No they've got all the tar to do your driveway with :P

Do ya a good deal dey will.

They may well be workers, or tradespeople. I know a chap who does the PA stuff for alot of shows - he has caravans for himself and his workers, and two of them are hobby other is a large swift iirc.

Even I am taking my van with us when we go to Essex today with the caravan as we have sold the tow car and not bought another yet. It will be interesting to see how many dirty looks I get towing a caravan!

The services on the M25 are not the best to stop at anyway - there have been some incidences there. I recall when I was on the lorries we were banned from stopping there unless absolutely necessary.

They may well be workers, or tradespeople. I know a chap who does the PA stuff for alot of shows - he has caravans for himself and his workers, and two of them are hobby other is a large swift iirc.

Even I am taking my van with us when we go to Essex today with the caravan as we have sold the tow car and not bought another yet. It will be interesting to see how many dirty looks I get towing a caravan!

The services on the M25 are not the best to stop at anyway - there have been some incidences there. I recall when I was on the lorries we were banned from stopping there unless absolutely necessary.

The Cobham services have only been open for two years and as far as am aware no incidents have been reported. The layout of these off motorway services would preclude against anyone making a fast getaway towing a stolen caravan. During the recent Bank Holiday there were reports of it taking two hours to get back to the motorway from Cobham services.

The Cobham services have only been open for two years and as far as am aware no incidents have been reported. The layout of these off motorway services would preclude against anyone making a fast getaway towing a stolen caravan. During the recent Bank Holiday there were reports of it taking two hours to get back to the motorway from Cobham services.

I wasn't talking of Cobham, but looking at my post I didn't make it clear enough! Sorry!

The one I was talking of was Clackett - it had quite a bad reputation at the time with lorries having loads tampered with and there was always something going on.

Mind - you can never have a 'safe' stop anywhere - the most obscure places things can happen. I knew a driver that almost died when someone hit him over the head with a bar to steal his diesel. Ruined his career as they would never let him drive a lorry again. Irony being that was of all places Oakhampton Services! You never know!