Cc Serviced Pitches - Are They Worth It?

Thinking about half term week away at Hillhead in Devon & have just discovered that they do fully serviced pitches.

Adds about £25 for the week away, so circa £3 per night.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are for the convenience

I love them as they are so much better than filling and emptying every morning. I regard them as a luxury so would always go for them every time IF I had the option.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Nothing better than a long hot shower in the comfort of the caravan after a long walk, run or cycle ride. I go for SP whenever possible. £3 a day but worth every penny.

Edited by Phil O

Thanks for the replies. The same views as myself, especially for the convenience of not having to trawl about first thing in the morning to get water. Just wonder if anyone has actually used them on the cc sites before?

milkymarsh, on 01 Sept 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

Thinking about half term week away at Hillhead in Devon & have just discovered that they do fully serviced pitches.

Adds about £25 for the week away, so circa £3 per night.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are for the convenience

When we used to caravan we always normally took up the option if it was there.

Purely as you say for the convenience.

Martin. ..........

I use them when I can, so's the Lioness can have a rest

from hauling water, I am not a chauvinist just bad back

(even after the op.) and a recovering dislocated shoulder

Thanks for the replies. The same views as myself, especially for the convenience of not having to trawl about first thing in the morning to get water. Just wonder if anyone has actually used them on the cc sites before?

I used one on the CC site at a Kendal in April this year.( the only CC site I managed to get a booking) . They do save a lot of time, no more fetching and carrying waste/fresh water etc . But what concerned me was the threads on the taps seemed to have been hack sawed at some previous time, probably to remove a tap adaptor and as a result both the taps on my pitch leaked from the threads .

We've used them a few times but have noticed that frequently the serviced pitches aren't where we want to be on the site so we don't usually bother.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Turns your tourer into a static . well worth it . no water worries out & in . would pay the extra every time

2012 Static Willerby Severn, Sitting in Hidden Valley Welshpool . B)

Turns your tourer into a static . well worth it . no water worries out & in . would pay the extra every time

As far as I am concerned towing and touring is what caravanning is all about.

One day I may have to become sedentary, but until then . ....

Certainly not something I actually want or need, and not something I would pay out for, £25 still means something to us, a main course out for the two of us.

But clearly something others seek and the Club provides.

It does irritate us that it means there can be vacant pitches we can't select; all part of the changes that have seen us over the years use the main sites less and less taking our business elsewhere.

Love them :D stayed at Chatsworth earlier this year and there you also have your own toilet cassette emptying point and contrary to OLDBOY's point of view it gives you even more time for visits :P

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Always . For the last few years only use Service pitch on CC and all different sites before i would only use them if available .

Suits me as I don't want to drag water about .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

We love a serviced pitch :D We were at Hillhead June 2013, it's one of our favourite sites, I don,t think that the serviced pitches at Hillhead are in the best position as they are situated at the bottom of the site. We were lucky as we found a good pitch on the slope going down on the left side with hedging between the caravans with a great view of the sea.

Love them :D stayed at Chatsworth earlier this year and there you also have your own toilet cassette emptying point and contrary to OLDBOY's point of view it gives you even more time for visits :P

When you are retired as in my case. times, date and days is irrelevant.

Should be the industry standard IMO.

We have just returned from our 4th visit this year at Maidens Ayrshire (Redgates site) where all 39 pitches are serviced and on concrete plinths so no messing about with waste water etc.

Leaves more time to enjoy the scenery and complete rest.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

Should be the industry standard IMO.

We have just returned from our 4th visit this year at Maidens Ayrshire (Redgates site) where all 39 pitches are serviced and on concrete plinths so no messing about with waste water etc.

Leaves more time to enjoy the scenery and complete rest.

How do you put up an awning on a concrete plinth?

How do you put up an awning on a concrete plinth?

Caravan sits on the plinth.

Awning ( when used) sits on the grass next to the plinth, Easy

You have the option of positioning the caravan to each side of the plinth thus giving you either :

A clean walk way on the door side.

Or when using the awning caravan is placed to the edge next to the grass thus giving you a clean walk way to the back side of the caravan.

I have to add this site has a new tarmac road on a loop and has street lighting.

It makes it so easy to place the van without using the mover.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

When you are retired as in my case. times, date and days is irrelevant.

Been retired for ten years now and still time is important to us - in fact the longer we are retired the more important time becomes - is there enough left to do all the things we want to do? Tomorrow we drive to Munich (without caravan) to settle mum-in-law's affairs, she died in July aged 99 in Munich where she lived for 30 years :(

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

:D

Been retired for ten years now and still time is important to us - in fact the longer we are retired the more important time becomes - is there enough left to do all the things we want to do? Tomorrow we drive to Munich (without caravan) to settle mum-in-law's affairs, she died in July aged 99 in Munich where she lived for 30 years :(

Now I know why I was given a watch when I took early retirement 10 years ago. :D

No thank you. I like to visit places.

Is there any need for that comment ???

The op asked would you pay to have a serviced pitch, when touring I always opted for service pitch as fetching & ditching water twice a day was eliminated, 3 times + if shower was used . which is one of the qualities of static ownership which is why I referenced it . Never expected the anti static brigade to come marching in saying " I like to travel " !!!!!!!

Been there done that moved on . tourer suited me when kids were younger touring . static suits me now kids are adults . its a lifestyle choice & don't see the need for your comment above . doesnt give any ref to the op or thread . Rant over

2012 Static Willerby Severn, Sitting in Hidden Valley Welshpool . B)

Well. Have booked up the fully serviced pitch. Just peace of mind tbh.

Looks like there are two areas for serviced pitches in hillhead now, up the top in pitches 1-8 or lower down in 187-195 (or thereabouts). First time we will have tried it on a cc site. Plenty of other sites used fully serviced before, so that's a few kg less to worry about to carry, and SWMBO will be happy that the shower can be used without worry of running out of water mid shampoo!