Which Generator Advice

Hi,

I guess the word generator is a swear word to a lot of caravaners!!

We are relatively new to caravaning, we mainly stay on sites where we can use electric hook ups, but we also often go to horse trials where there aren't hook ups, so i am looking into purchasing an inverter generator, i was looking for any advice or generator recommendations?

I appreciate we could use the traditional 12 volt system, but with 3 children, 240 volt is a lot easier!

Many thanks

Simon

If you must have a generator. .. ;)

Then the Honda E20i is the one to look for.

Tony

If you must have a generator. .. ;)

Then the Honda E20i is the one to look for.

Tony

I have this generator and have never had any problems with it, it's reasonably quiet to use and very economical.

Another vote for the E20i here. We have one and use it in exactly that sort of scenario. It is staggeringly quiet at idle and low power (laptops, tvs, stuff like that) but revs up if you ask it to run a microwave or kettle so I still keep it a reasonable distance away. It is chained to a HERAS fence panel with a large chain and padlock as generators readily grow legs.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

I have this generator and have never had any problems with it, it's reasonably quiet to use and very economical.

. ....and it can easily be modified to run on gas or petrol.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

I have a generator, it was a cheapie eBay thing. It was either an expensive invertor generator which cost more than what I went for in the end,

I got 2 100w solar panels and all the associated bits, it is amazing and provides so much power, we can have the TV on 12 hours a day if we like this time of year. I am confident it will be fine all winter too.

If you decide on a generator, I have heard good things about the Honda ones.