Anyway To Get Window Bung Out When Fallen Between Panes? Help!

Iwantacaravan

Message added by CT Advertising,

Tracker logo 200px.pngThe Battery Powered Retrieve has its own power source and does not need to be wired into the vehicle's electrical system. Our VHF technology helps to overcome GPS/GSM signal jamming. Find out more

Remove the window,beats me how it's gone inside?

Edited by klarky

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

Quite easily! I was trying to remove it, and as it's so old the outer ring of the bung just broke away and in it went! Even if I tipped window upside down I don't know how I could get it out through the little hole, unless I could get hold of it with tweezers and squeeze it enough to pull it back through!!

Edited by Iwantacaravan

Ignore it and replace?

They can be bought and I am sure someone will tell us where. :)

Hopefully cheaper than here. ....... http://www. caravanaccessoryshop. co. uk/product/polyplastic-window-bung/3427

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Yep I agree with lefthand Down, leave it in there and buy a new bung, don't think there's anyway apart from removing the window and shaking it till it's over the hole then picking out with tweezers,

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Yep I guess I'm going to have to ignore it, until I can replace the window one day (it has a couple of small cracks in it).

Haha no one else will see it in there between the panes except you, and it'll bug you every time you look thro the window. :)

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Speaking of bug's, that what you will have in there next if you don't get it plugged pretty sharpish :D

Seriously? It will get it through the tiny hole? I've got a Dyson so worth a go lol!! I take it you've done it???

Edited by Iwantacaravan

• 2 weeks later...

If you take the window off and lay it flat you may be able to skewer the object with a long sharp needle if you can shuffle it below the opening. Catching it is the easy part. ..keeping hold of it while getting it through the hole may be more challenging. There are a number of fine pointed straight and curved skewers used in craft hobbies ( eg decoupage) if you know someone into this sort of thing.

I also wonder if you could capture it in a sling. Feed a loop of thin material ( nylon stocking?) through the hole, coax the bit into the sling and pull the whole lot out.

Failing that. ...redrill the hole the next size up. ..and get a bigger replacement bung!

Edited by ericfield

If the plug is a tight fit in the hole, surely there is no way it will come back out without a big push from the inside :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Seriously? It will get it through the tiny hole? I've got a Dyson so worth a go lol!! I take it you've done it???

Dyson hoover when its been cleaned out. You will then find it in the plastic cylinder that catches the dust.

Wouldn't work. Air will not come out unless air can get in to replace it, and as window is sealed, no go, simples !

A length of windscreen washer pipe pushed through the hole and put against the plug, the suck to attach it might work or might help to get the plug back to the hole so that you can skewre it with something and get it out.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Smash the window, claim it was your three year old grandson and get a replacement from your insurance company. :ph34r:

Only joking of course, I know no member of this forum would ever consider such an idea. ;)

Edited by Highlandman

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

If the window is cracked it will not be sealed even if a plug is fitted . The plug is to allow any moisture in the window to be released then the plug refitted to stop any damp .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

• 6 years later...

Same happened to me , I've drilled a 8mm hole next to it , got some tweezers got it out, then  bought a 8mm clear plug, which is better than the original plugs which will brake once you try to get them out.

Edited by Karloshicky23
Spelling

Any way to get it out?

No, unless you delaminate the entire window and separate the two halves, or drill a big hole next to the bung.

Edited by DottieD