Gassed Again

I see another family have been gassed in France! Getting to be a habit,

isn't it? Including a dog this time. ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Any links to information?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I wonder why these people always carry large sums of cash? This time £2000 plus goodies.

Utter rubbish.

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

CD. .......The Daily Mail,......... where else?? :D:D

(nice looking bunch! :ph34r: )

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I know the FO have issued warning after a number of this type of attack and my local radio station has been broadcasting an Ad warning of attacks on Spainish roads on UK reg number plates and hire cars by getting people to stop by indicating something is wrong with the vehicle then robbing them as its the usual pilgrimage to Southern Spain for the winter at this time .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Every time this is published there is an outcry,impossible,it cannot happen,scientists have proved it :( well maybe it can happen :blink:

Lazy journalism. They don't do their research before publishing anymore. But why let the facts get in the way of a good sensational news story, eh?

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Every time this is published there is an outcry,impossible,it cannot happen,scientists have proved it :( well maybe it can happen :blink:

Well I wish someone would tell the NHS, so we can save millions on expensive Anaesthetists and their noxious gasses that occasionally kill their unfortunate patients.

Well I wish someone would tell the NHS, so we can save millions on expensive Anaesthetists and their noxious gasses that occasionally kill their unfortunate patients.

Bit difficult putting a mask over a caravan.

Regards,

Jim.

Edited by Guest

Bit difficult putting a mask over a caravan.

Regards,

Jim.

That is exactly the point, Anaesthetists who are expertly trained using gasses that have been

rigorously tested and are of known quality, still manage to kill the odd patient even thought they

administer the gasses directly and under constant monitoring.

These thieves manage to gas people of differing sizes and age and unknown medical condition, yet

they have not killed one single victim.

Now that's what I call a breakthrough in medical science.

Edited by Steve W77

<sigh> again. There is NO independent evidence anyone has been gassed; the 'slit in the tent' was clearly what the robbers put a hand through. They were simply fast asleep/intoxicated.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

I blame the dog for producing the gassy smell and ripping the tent to go out for No2's, the occupants didn't hear him want to go out because they spent all their cash on white lightning and special brew the night before and were sleeping soundly. ...da,da problem solved.

Brace brace brace.

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

I blame the dog for producing the gassy smell and ripping the tent to go out for No2's, the occupants didn't hear him want to go out because they spent all their cash on white lightning and special brew the night before and were sleeping soundly. ...da,da problem solved.

Brace brace brace.

:goodpost::D Much more likely!

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

That is exactly the point, Anaesthetists who are expertly trained using gasses that have been

rigorously tested and are of known quality, still manage to kill the odd patient even thought they

These thieves manage to gas people of differing sizes and age and unknown medical condition, yet

You forgot to mention that they were in a drafty, ventilated trailer tent too!

Despite all this, the Foreign Office are still perpetuating this stealing by gassing story.

Was it just me or were even the Daily Fail using statements like "they said" rather than actually implying it happened?

When 'real' robberies happen (there was a string of them on the autoroutes near Macon some years ago - but not involving 'gassing') there is almost always some mention in the local daily newspaper from the area concerned. There never appears to be when this involves 'gassing' and large amounts of money.

In the event that there may be new readers who take these reports seriously I shall repeat, yet again, the story of our friends and neighbours, nice people, nice house, new caravan, holidayed in France regularly! They came back from holiday and reported to us of having had a fabulous time - with photographs to match - so I was surprised to read a few months later in the Caravan Club magazine their letter mentioning their being 'gassed' and 'robbed' on an Aire near Biarritz.

Apparently they had laptops, phones, wallets, handbags, jewellery, credit cards, and 10,000 euros they were carrying for the deposit for a house in France taken from their caravan. I would have thought that they might just have mentioned this to us, in the story of what they had done on holiday, especially as we were going on to France just a couple of week after they returned.

I was not quite as surprised to read in our local paper a few months after that of their conviction for insurance fraud.

Edited by ValA

ValA, on 01 Sept 2014 - 1:21 PM, said:ValA, on 01 Sept 2014 - 1:21 PM, said:

I was not quite as surprised to read in our local paper a few months after that of their conviction for insurance fraud.

They deserved everything they got in my book, the likes of them just hike premiums for everybody else, I hope the company concerned claimed their losses back too.

As for the family in question in this case here I think some in the thread are perhaps jumping to the wrong conclusions, I suspect they have been genuine victims of a robbery (after all 200 Euros is not a kings ransom) but they have perhaps embellished the event by talking about being 'gassed' or the journalists has embellished the tale for them to make a much better more 'news worthy story' story.

Journalist - "Do you think you might have been gassed, its quite common you know in this type of robbery"

Family "Well yes a I suppose we could have been, I was very groggy" (For that read a bit hung over perhaps)

result.

I know from personal experience how words one may say meaning one thing or in a particular way to a journalist can be subject to much journalistic licence in order to get a better story.

Edited by The Dog House

Martin. ..........

"after all 200 Euros is not a kings ransom"

2000 is the reported amount.

knarf

And £'s not €'s too :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Ah - misread it.

I still wonder though that the basis of what I am saying remains correct ie they have actually been robbed but there is some embellishment going on.

(though they could also have overstated the amount stolen also which of course would be very wrong too).

Martin. ..........

If I were the insurance company, I would want, as a matter of course, to see all the receipts including the cash.

I suspect the insurance companies are more clued up than us - especially as some years ago, they started to share claims info to catch those holiday makers who were taking them for a ride.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

It would not be a surprise to find these people had indeed been robbed, but why do they always insist that they were gassed.

To many hours behind the wheel combined with a little to much Vin Ordinaire is the more likely reason.

If I were the insurance company, I would want, as a matter of course, to see all the receipts including the cash.

I suspect the insurance companies are more clued up than us - especially as some years ago, they started to share claims info to catch those holiday makers who were taking them for a ride.

One of the more helpful things that insurance companies could do, is to insist that blood gasses must be checked at the local hospital and the results submitted with any claim. That should finally put a stop to these claims of gassing while in a tent or a caravan or even a lorry for that matter.