Take Care When Out Cycling

Cheadlemike

I had a very bad experience yesterday when out cycling with my OH.

Was knocked off my cycle by a car whilst in a cycle lane and have suffered ligament injuries to my knee.

We stopped,at a set of traffic lights, a Mercedes convertible was straddling the cycle lane

partially blocking it, the Mercedes had its roof down with an older gentleman at the wheel, I said to him as I passed, that he was in the cycle lane, I didn't realise he said, so in witty banter I replied "wouldn't have like to have scraped down the side of the car" to which he replied " just see what happens if you do"

I set off at the lights, my OH behind me, the car set off and swerved into me knocking me off my cycle!! Wish I had kept my comments to myself!!

Couldn't believe it. Luckily the car that was following had heard the exchange of words and followed the car and his passenger took a picture of the number plater on his phone and returned.

This was the only time me and the OH didn't have our phones.

Police called, blue lights on ambulance and off to hospital.

It appear the cars door mirror was the culprit that hit my knee that caused the injury.

All strapped up and on crutches for the next few weeks.

So beware all you cyclists as we are very easily hurt in RTA's. And watch out for older men in convertibles. I hope they throw the book at him.

Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, causing GBH with dangerous driving, surely a stretch in chokey will be acceptable.

Let's have the reg. no. for retribution. :angry:

hawkaye :beardy:

Sorry to hear this - have had a few near misses myself over the years. Hope your knee mends well and you're back on your bike soon.

Do take care everyone.

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde