Hi, Any Help To Identify A Caravan?

Nivek

Hi everyone,

I've joined the forum for a couple of reasons, I don't have any experience of caravans except for staying in them for holidays when I was younger, and I have a lot of good memories from those times.

I'll shortly be going overseas to join a project involved with helping abandoned and/or abused animals, and there's a caravan for sale on the projects land, which I'm going to have a look at and I'll very likely be buying it, and living in it full time there, thankfully the climate is warm where I'm going.

Just realised this section is mostly just to say hello, so to save the mods having to move the post, I'll post it again in the Lunar caravans section with regards to my identification help request, thanks.

[edit]

I reposted my help request in the correct section, here: http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/99285-help-identifying-older-lunar-caravan/

Edited by Nivek

Hi WispMan, thanks for looking, I did upload the image to Google images as well, no joy.

I'll probably need to model name to get any further in identifying it, I also emailed Lunar caravans but they didn't know what it was either, maybe their staff are younger and only know more recent models.

Hi,

I'll shortly be going overseas to to an overseas project, the owner there has a caravan for sale, but only has 2 photos of the exterior, one is with an awning up, so I can't make out the model of caravan, the other photo clearly shows it's a Lunar caravan.

It has the model name in red writing on the side at the front, but the photo is a bit pixelated and I can't make the model name out, this is what I'm trying to identify, as the owner isn't currently where the caravan is and can't remember the model name.

I'm hoping that someone here might be able to identify it, I can then search Google images to see if I can find the same model and hopefully get to see the exact layout inside the caravan.

This is it below, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

post-69619-0-59780200-1409411229_thumb.jpg

I think it's a Lunar Moonlight of circa 1991 vintage, I say 1991 as I had a 1990 Lunar Sunbeam model which had grey graphics and I can't remember whether the red graphics were earlier or later than ours. A great van that we had for seven years without any bother until the dreaded damp go into the lower wall beside the door entrance.

Deno

I am surprised that noyone from Lunar recognizes it!

I bet someone here will know and my money is on that person's name is Gordon :) :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Isn't Gordon away for a couple of weeks?

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

@ Deno, I think you nailed it there mate :)

I checked on Google and found a couple of Lunar Moonlights on Gumtree for sale, they both show side photos of the model name on the side, which looks pretty much match to the one in my image, especially with the stylised M, although the text appears to be black on the 2 caravans in the adverts, rather than red like in the image I posted, maybe a later or earlier model and they changed the ink colour.

Thanks to all for their help, a handy forum :)

There is a 1989 lunar venus ( the same Planet series as the Moonlight ) on ebay that has the same red lettering.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

@ Bill Lord, thanks, just had a look on eBay but can't find the one you refer to, do you have a link, please?

[edit]

Just seen a 1989 Lunar Jupiter on there with red lettering in a similar style.

Edited by Nivek

@ Bill Lord, thanks, just had a look on eBay but can't find the one you refer to, do you have a link, please?

[edit]

Just seen a 1989 Lunar Jupiter on there with red lettering in a similar style.

That is probably the one, I must have had a senior moment. All the later ones I could find had a dark coloured lettering.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.