A65 Services / Stops Near Settle Or Skipton

Hi folks,

I'm going to be travelling South fairly soon and will be needing a stop somewhere along the A65, maybe near Settle or Skipton. I'm not hugely familiar with that road - are there any decent places to stop with a caravan. Good parking etc?

Any help appreciated.

Fire. Now there's a hot topic!

I know and have travelled this road for years. I don't think there is anything for a caravan. There is a crafts/clothes/cafe stop east of Kirkby Lonsdale called Country something but unlikely to have parking for vans.

I would take food and drink with you and park up in a layby. Don't run out of fuel. There is fuel west of KL and not much more travelling east for a long while.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

There are some decent lay-bys on the A59 between Skipton and Harrogate if you can detour that way.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Thanks MalH. I am in fact coming down the A65, then along the A59 towards Harrogate, so I might use one of these.

Fire. Now there's a hot topic!

There is a car park where the little chef used to be between clapham and ingleton, should be space to pull in.

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

There is a car park where the little chef used to be between clapham and ingleton, should be space to pull in.

We think this has re-opened as a restaurant in which case it won't take a caravan. But there are a few laybys on the A65 so pulling in is no problem.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We think this has re-opened as a restaurant in which case it won't take a caravan. But there are a few laybys on the A65 so pulling in is no problem.

It did very briefly!

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Last time I went past the entrance was blocked off, presumably to stop access for our caravanning non-friends!:-D

Edited by MalH

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450