Towing An Aqua Roll

macafee2

for the first time last week I saw someone towing their aqua roll behind their car having just filled the Aqua Roll up. They slipped the metal handle over the tow bar.

I don't know their circumstances so no judgement is being made

macafee2

I've thought of doing that! :ph34r:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I've seen this happen on site also. There was a family pitched opposite last year, and it was usually the kids job to refil the aquaroll.

However they had gone out with their grandparents for the day so the father had to do it.

We had over the week become friendly with them, and there was nothing at all wrong with the father, he was just being lazy.

On the way back with a full aquaroll, all was fine until he got to a speed bump and the aquaroll detached from the metal handle and rolled back quite some distance and crashed into the bins.

Luckily for him, there was no one in the vicinity except the warden who witnessed it all. He told him in no uncertain terms that if he caught him doing anything like that again he would be ejected from the site.

For the rest of the holiday, he didn't live it down as everybody had a pop at him for being so stupid.

It was funny though to see the look on his face with his aquaroll disappearing down the slope and then him jumping out of his car to try and catch it. :lol:

Clever, but most sites don't like people driving around

the site unnecessarily, I must say with my problems I

try to avoid hauling water, where will it stop? dog walking?

I saw someone towing a waste master recently, at least it wouldn't have gone as far as the aquaroll if it escaped.

A friend of mine has been known to walk her dog around the farm she lives on by tying it to the back of the car when it's wet, never seen anyone do it on site though

If I am close to a filling point I find it much safer to using one of my crutches and pull the aquarol, however on occasions I have pulled the aquaroll along using my mobility scooter, but pulling using one arm on the aquaroll and the other on the mobility scooter controls, however I still have to go at a very low speed much less than walking pace, the aqua wastemaster and toilet are no problem.

I have seen aquarolls being towed behind cars it is not safe, what would happen if it became detached a hurt someone?

2020 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4  PHEV and 2016 Swift Conqueror 480 HT

Towing an aquaroll? More of a nuisance than a help. Given the effort required to manoeuvre them into position after filling, pulling them is relatively easy.

The strangest innovation I have seen was in Holland where a Dutch guy arrived at the toilet block on his bicycle with a toilet cassette tucked into an oversize pannier bag. No doubt he carried his sandwiches in it later. :D

Gordon

Nissan Qashqai 1. 6 dCi (130 PS) + Avondale Rialto 390-2

I've seen wastemasters, with toilet cassette strapped on top, towed by push bikes - yes they were Dutch :)

Suppose you could do the same with an aquaroll.

Land Rover is now back towing.

for the first time last week I saw someone towing their aqua roll behind their car having just filled the Aqua Roll up. They slipped the metal handle over the tow bar.

A disabled mate of mine does that quite regularly. Slowly :)

I did it a couple of years ago when my pitch was about 100 yds from the tap at the top of a steep hill.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Spent 2 days this week in a well known site at Silverdale on a serviced pitch. The pitch had been dug out of a hill and a brick wall added. No room for the aquaroll and no room for the awning.

They cleverly put the tap and waste water drain on the hill 2 ft above the caravan - probably hoping that water will flow up hill. At £40 pn I thought the tourer pitches were poorly laid out by someone who knows little about caravans. Facilities were great though.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I have on occasion thought of towing it behind my pushbike. ....

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

When I was a kid and we used to go caravanning I would regularly tow the aqua roll behind the bike, sometimes made cornering interesting when it was full. This was normally in french sites though where there was one tap on the opposite side of the site.

Now the girlfriend and I caravan, we just walk and fill it up, its nice to get some fresh air sometimes.

Standard practice at Tractor Rallies!

Cheers

Keith

Seen it done,slowly,hundreds of times. ..no problem. ...

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I don't know their circumstances so no judgement is being made

macafee2

Cant have been me!,I wasn't away then, but earlier in the month I was and for the first time I did exactly that. The single water tap was a hike away and after the first visit and arriving back at the van needing a sleep, I thought ***** that for a game of soldiers and took the tug next time. It was great and gave quite a bit of amusement to my fellow campers! Edited by Speleccy

I tried it once at a show site, the tap was a fair way, it fell off the handle after about at least 10 feet, I saw someone with a wastemaster do it with a loop of string around the handle hooked over the towbar, much more secure.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

I trust this complies with the 85% guidelines for towing and they have checked the tire pressures.

Poolebob

. ...but it's because it is a tire pressure that they are towing it!

Sam :beardy: