Bradcot Awning Problem

a13est

Hi all,

Hope you can help . . .

With my caravan purchased a few months ago I inherited a Bradcot awning and upon erection discovered that the valance connected to the roof of the awning could not be held horizontally by the extended rails.

Upon inspection it appears that these supporting extensions will not locate the pins into the plastic receivers (with a hole in them) situated in the ends of the awning 'rafters'.

So, has anyone had a problem like this and solved it? It seems an easy remedy to lengthen the pins or to withdraw the receivers by a few millimeters but is it that easy?

Contacted Bradcot customer support but received no reply. Presumably because I was not in the market to purchase new -- being the cynic that I am?

Any help would be really appreciated from this knowledgeable forum.

Thankyou in anticipation!

Alan

Hi Alan. Bradcot are normally extremely helpful with problems. Are you referring to the extensions

about a foot long with a hook on the end? There is a peg that fits into a hole to hold the extension

up. Is that your design?

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hi Alan. Bradcot are normally extremely helpful with problems. Are you referring to the extensions

about a foot long with a hook on the end? There is a peg that fits into a hole to hold the extension

up. Is that your design?

Hi gravon42,

Very quick response and Indeed it is that arrangement.

Alan

Edited by AJBetter

Hi Alan, You're lucky, I've got the frame in the car! Have to go and have look each time. :) Is

it possible to re-align the plastic insert so that the rod fits? Or failing that, remove "bung" and make

the hole bigger

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hi gravon42 again.

I assume the hole is big enough (it looks to be anyway) To my inexperienced eye it appears that the 'bung' as you call it, is too far down the frame for it to locate with the pin -- but how can I move the 'bung' nearer to the pin; with a long rod or is there another way?

Alan

Sorry for delay, had visitors! About 2" down the main tube, you will see 2 triangular holes. Press

the 2 triangular plastic sides in, and you can either prise the bung out, or as you say, use a rod

inside to push it out.

Hi, once again, gravon42,

Welcome advice about the two black plastic lugs in the awning rail, didn't know about these. Looks as if I will have to see about pulling out the pins in the extension poles as the receivers must be located by the two triangular black plastic lugs mentioned and, therefore, unmovable.

A mine of info on this forum.

Thanks for your time.

Alan

post-52060-0-05577500-1409401740_thumb.jpg

post-52060-0-01033700-1409401795_thumb.jpg

post-52060-0-64485000-1409401834_thumb.jpg

post-52060-0-07716900-1409401863_thumb.jpg

post-52060-0-43685900-1409401892_thumb.jpg

post-52060-0-69140100-1409401915_thumb.jpg

Hi, again, gravon42

Appreciate the pics and although my awning frame is slightly different (older) I get the gist and am grateful for your advice.

Best wishes,

Alan

No problem, glad to have been of help! :)

I had an older Bradcot awning before this one. Is yours the type where you have to open the

short bar and push/pull to lock in place?

Hi gravon42,

We will have to stop meeting like this --people are beginning to talk!

But, you are right -- mine has the 'push in' arrangement.

Best wishes,

Alan