Safefill Cylinders Out Of Stock

Buzzakbuzz

Just been on the safefill website to look at there products and this note was on there main page

Dear Customer,

Please accept our sincere apologies, due to the increase in demand for our products we are currently out of stock of the Safefill Cylinders.

If you click on the contact link with your request we will email you when available.

Regards,

Customer Service Team

Looks like the safefill cylinders are taking off !

Better not the one in my front locker will make a mess if it takes off

Two sellers on e bay

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

They've lost my custom due to this. I phoned earlier in the year as was told new sizes on way in the Autum, they were getting approval . I wanted the smaller red one as I don't use much gas and have a nose weight issue.

No red on sale in uk site always said out of stock, yet Dutch site sells the red one. By the time i did the conversion and shipping a blue was cheaper. Shame if they had only sold red in the uk I would have been a happy customer. Raises some concerns if there was ever a fault and needed to have it changed or renewed. Have just stumped calor another lite refill so will see when that runs out.

Sadly their customer service is dreadful as they never respond to emails etc. Even phone calls go unanswered!

Still looking for a refillable, I was nosing around gaslow today, noting they have 3,6 and 11kg direct fill bottles on way and only about 2. 5kg heavier than a calor lite for 6kg.

Better still they have 15 year life and are cheaper that the other make. A quick email confirmed the 11 kg is on sale now but 6 and 3 arrive end of October.

Looks like when I change the lite I just got, this may be the way to go!

Looks like the safefill cylinders are taking off !

Glad I got my red one. Just had two weeks away and then refilled it for £7. 32. ........ 11. 1 litres at 66p :)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Glad I got my red one. Just had two weeks away and then refilled it for £7. 32. ........ 11. 1 litres at 66p :)

Only another 10 years and you'll have broken even :lol:

It's not all about cost . . I got mine for convenience . . only carry one cylinder, space for spare wheel in the locker . . no need to worry about how much gas I've got, I can see and fill up when I decide

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

I know Safefill are having problems at the moment but please believe me when I say they will be worth the wait! I am really enjoying my safefill and couldn't recommend them more highly. Be patient and all will be well,I'm sure.

Edited by Speleccy

I know Safefill are having problems at the moment but please believe me when I say they will be worth the wait! I am really enjoying my safefill and couldn't recommend them more highly. Be patient and all will be well,I'm sure.

A bit concerned as just purchased a blue one, however, they don't answer e mails and their www site is way out of date on dealers etc.

but at least after the 10 years all our money has not gone to greedy calor.

Terry.

but at least after the 10 years all our money has not gone to greedy calor.

Terry.

Do Calor make enormous profits then? I wouldn't know how to find out.

Maybe they just blow all the money on massive parties.

Are these the safe fill ones you buy for about £150 and come in blue.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Yes but I have a 5% discount from my dealer. And then cost £10. 76 to fill. A lot cheaper than calor.

Terry.

Edited by terry876

When you look at the payback on the safefil, don't forget to include the deposit you get back from returning the Calor bottles.

Steve

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

When you look at the payback on the safefil, don't forget to include the deposit you get back from returning the Calor bottles.

Steve

Also don't forget that you can re sell your Safefill bottle quite easily and for a good price whereas Calor don't give back all your deposit but only a partial refund.

That's the problem though. The lack of response to emails and calls doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Especially if there was a fault.

I would be interested to see what they come out with but a customer service strategy would be appreciated.

The lack of response to emails and calls doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Especially if there was a fault.

Safefill is a one-man-band operation . . main business is autogas conversion and he spends much of his time in the workshop . . not an excuse for poor communication, but perhaps a reason.

Edited by Disco Kid

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Also don't forget that you can re sell your Safefill bottle quite easily and for a good price whereas Calor don't give back all your deposit but only a partial refund.

And I am sure my rental agreement says nothing back after 5 years!

Has the revolution finally begun?

Safefill is a one-man-band operation . . main business is autogas conversion and he spends much of his time in the workshop . . not an excuse for poor communication, but perhaps a reason.

Are they still doing the Autogas conversions? They seem to be pushing the Netherlands market, but agree about poor communication as no one answers email or phone and the dealer network web page is way out of date.

I appreciate the comments about one man band etc, however so is Nick at Gas it and his main business is conversions to. I've had mails answered evenings, weekends etc, well above the call of duty hence why I'm leaning this way now. I will probably get a gas it 6kg and the gaslow direct fill adapter and works out under £120 and is so far the lightest refillable I can find.

• 3 months later...

I have got a safefill and cannot fault the customer service And quality

2004 land rover discovery 2 td5 with a 2008 twin wheel compass rallye 636

I have got a safefill and cannot fault the customer service And quality

When did you buy as they have had the same message on the webiste for several months stating that they have no stock and they are still not answering the phone or emails?