English Tv Stations

hi

can some tell me if you can still get English tv channels in the Dordogne area. and what size dish is needed

thanks

Yes you can, you are on the limit for a dish under 65cm to get BBC, ITV etc, and that would be in good conditions, you will get all other free to air channels easily, best advice is an 85cm dish and you will get BBC etc down to the border with Spain.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Sorry but I would have to dispute that.

From what I have seen it is difficult to get UK TV south and west of a line from around La Rochelle to Marseilles, but almost anywhere east and north of that line will work well for the most part.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

From what I have seen it is difficult to get UK TV south and west of a line from around La Rochelle to Marseilles, but almost anywhere east and north of that line will work well for the most part.

You can if you use a SKY box with paid up subscription card as many scrambled channels on the SKY platform are broadcasted on the pan european beam.

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

There is a big difference between the main channels BBC1,2, ITV, CH4, SPORTS, etc

And rubbishy other english speaking channels that have the attention span of 3 secs - like Joy of Painting :) :) :):rolleyes::D

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

And rubbishy other english speaking channels that have the attention span of 3 secs - like Joy of Painting :) :) :):rolleyes: :

The op asked for English TV, he wasn't specific on channels, he might be an artist ;-)

It depends what kit you have

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

There is a big difference between the main channels BBC1,2, ITV, CH4, SPORTS, etc

And rubbishy other english speaking channels that have the attention span of 3 secs - like Joy of Painting :) :) :):rolleyes::D

If your using Freesat then there will be very few channels available worth watchin however to reiterate on the Sky Platform there are many Uk channels available including Movies, Sky sports, Eurosport, Sky news, National Geographic, History, Gold Sky 1, 2,3 to name but a few of the many Hundreds available which can be watched even in Southern Spain and not on a dish the size of Jodrell Bank because there on the Pan European Beam

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

Whoever thought that TV would end up being so important.

And what if it is ?

hi I am just using a old sky box with a 80cm dish

thanks for your replys

I like Joy Of Painting. I had an afro haircut too in the 70's ;)

hi I am just using a old sky box with a 80cm dish

thanks for your replys

In my opinion, you will get all the channels you get when you are in the UK.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I think that what the OP had in mind when he asked his original question in post 1 was "what English channels can I get without having to pay for them" i. e. non encrypted channels.

If you're willing to pay the subscription fees then the answer is "lots of them" (with the right size dish).

Vin Blanc

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Frontera 3. 2L V6 4x4 tugging Compass Magnum Classic 540 (quite easily!)

Tripod mounted 57cm "Arcon Multi" prime focus dish - Humax Foxsat HD Recorder.

A friend of mine lives in Payrac, which is in the Lot, and just South of the Dordogne. He is getting perfect reception with a 65cm dish, using a Humax box. He does lose some reception in heavy rain.

In the circumstances, you should be fine with a similar size dish. I used to have a holiday home not far from there, and I bought an 80cm dish from a DIY store in Gourdon for about €40. There a number of similar stores in Sarlat where you could get a cheap satellite dish complete with LNB.

2013 Honda CR-V EX iDTEC; 2014 Swift Challenger Sport 514

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Television world wide all languages available via android tv with tvaddons installed so you can watch also uk tv latest movies google,facebook and many many more anywere works off 12 volt dc or 240 -210volt mains hook up. You require internet connection either mobile contract with tethering included and wifi from campsite,pub or other means. Works a treat i've tested myself and installed all the main addons required. The viewing topics are endless. .(Google XBMC). Can be setup on any android device with ethernet or wifi capability. ..Pm me for more info or google and learn the setup Its so simple .

Any body going abroad after november this year and trying to get skx xx will not get the signal. This is possibly the only way to watch uk tv abroad. Hope this post helps a lot of people . ..

I have friends who live in Montignac they have an 80cm dish and a freesat box and they get all the channels now they did have a 60cm dish but that struggled but no problem with the slightly larger dish.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

thanks

for your replys

keith

Two suggestions:

Get a used Sky multiroom box - they are much smaller and lighter than any standard sized Sky box but are more sensitive and give you HD as well. You will find them in Cash Converters for £20 or less complete with remote (a different remote from a non-HD box) and you will get a 30 day warranty with it. The standard non-HD boxes are heavily modified and notoriously deaf.

Don't use a Sky dish of either size - get a conventional dish which will mean the LNB has a collar mount. Have a browse around eBay and get yourself an Inverto LNB. They are probably the best units on the market but still only cost a tenner or less and will make a significant difference if you are scratching for signal. The only disadvantage is that the connector is exposed so you need to visit a DIY shed (the French ones have more choice) and get a boot that fits on the cable and slides up over the connector when attached to make it waterproof.

Edited by Woodentop

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville