Hello

Brenpet

Hello to everyone, we were caravaners back in the late 70s early 80s when my two girls were very young and can honestly say we loved it. When the girls got older and with work commitments we gave it up. I took early retirement 12 years ago and we bought a static caravan in Somerset and now the lease has expired and exorbitant ground rent we have decided not to buy another static but to go back to a touring van and see a bit more of our beautiful country.

We are thinking of buying a new Lunar Quaser 544 which comes in at 1350kg max. The tow car will be my 2008 mk 111 Honda CRV auto ( petrol ) max towing limit 1500kg, I know the diesel would be better but I'm stuck with what I've got and besides it is a lovely car and totally faultless to date. I managed to pull up some reviews on the petrol CRV on the internet and can't believe the difference. One said it was the best thing since sliced bread, another it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. I know i'll probably have to use the 3rd gear hold button quite frequently to keep the revs up and see a fair drop in petrol consumption. When I was towing years ago the vans were lighter but some of the old bangers I pulled with managed ok. Am I just being paranoid into thinking the CRV won't do the job and to stop reading to many reviews. You all appear to be a nice friendly bunch so I'm sure someone will put my mind at rest.

Peter

Welcome and what's the declared kerbweight of the CRV?

I don't know the car personally but lots here will, so you won't be short of advice.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum,

I tow with a CR-V diesel now, but the '05 petrol version I had was fine.

We had a Lunar Quaser 464 then, just a tad lighter than your 544, no problems at all.

Now we have the 564 at 1350kg, and it's a breeze to tow,I think the CR-V is a very underrated tow car, and as reliable as any of the big 4x4's people rave about, so let's keep it secret !!

Enjoy

Kevin

Hi Milky way and Kevin thanks for the warm welcome, M/Way the kerb weight of my CRV is 1648kgs.

Kevin thank you for the info on your CRV that's made feel a bit more comfortable.

Peter