2002 Abi Adventurer, Whats It Worth?

salmon81

Hi all,

I'm new to the caravaning world and I've just put a deposit down on what was advertised as a 2002 Abi Adventurer but since realised that Abi stopped making the touring caravans in 2001 and looking at the CRiS number the caravan is a 2000 model, would anyone be able to tell me the value of these as I'm struggling to find any others for sale, The condition is immaculate with only a couple of very minor dents externally and the inside is spotless.

I'd very much appreciate anyones thoughts as to how much these go for so I know if i've been ripped off or not.

Thanks

P. s. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section

Googling gives about £2 - £2,500.

At this age get it damp checked. Don't buy it without a check of this kind, even if you have to pay a service engineer to do it.

Apologies but :welcome: and I'll move it to the Other section of Caravan models where it generate more interest. Best of luck!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Many thanks for the reply :)

Oh and if anyone could suggest a similar sized caravan that's a bit more modern please let me know

Hi and :welcome:. .. We could recommend hundreds of vans, But we don't know your budget. ..

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

It's definitely an abi adventurer, I wasn't very clued up on viewing but since worked out what the CRiS numbers relate to and the letter for the year is 'y' which makes it a 2000.

My budget is around £4000 but could stretch it a bit if needed, looking for something ideally as small as the abi as size wise it's perfect for our needs and the basic styling is also a plus point for us.

Thanks again

It might be of been manufactured in 2000, but could of been the 2001 model. ... It's about now that next years models get displayed and launched. ...

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

It might be of been manufactured in 2000, but could of been the 2001 model. ... It's about now that next years models get displayed and launched. ...

The CRiS year letter relates to the model year - the "Y" means it was built between Sept 1999 and Aug 2000 - it may well not have been sold originally until 2001 or 2002 but it's wrong, ie illegal in terms of Trades Descriptions, for a dealer or private seller to describe it as a 2002 if it was built in the 2000 model year.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

The CRiS year letter relates to the model year - the "Y" means it was built between Sept 1999 and Aug 2000 - it may well not have been sold originally until 2001 or 2002 but it's wrong, ie illegal in terms of Trades Descriptions, for a dealer or private seller to describe it as a 2002 if it was built in the 2000 model year.

If it were first registered in (say) January 2002 I would not have thought that to be a problem.

Edited by Easy T

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

If it were first registered in (say) January 2002 I would not have thought that to be a problem.

irrespective of when it was registered, the 10th character in the vin number will donate the model year, so advertising something that's registered in 2002 but is actually a 2000 model is misleading.

Thanks for the replys, I think I'd be paying well over the odds either way but knowing its 2 years older than I thought it's really not worth it :( time to look for something else, any ideas for something that small for around the £4/5000 range?

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new to the caravaning world and I've just put a deposit down on what was advertised as a 2002 Abi Adventurer but since realised that Abi stopped making the touring caravans in 2001 and looking at the CRiS number the caravan is a 2000 model, would anyone be able to tell me the value of these as I'm struggling to find any others for sale, The condition is immaculate with only a couple of very minor dents externally and the inside is spotless.

I'd very much appreciate anyones thoughts as to how much these go for so I know if i've been ripped off or not.

Thanks

P. s. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section

If the caravan is in good condition with no major faults, damp or damage, tyres less than 3 years old and a full service history it should be worth in the region of £1850 trade or £950 for a private sale.

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk