New To The Caravan Life Style

Mungo2014

Hi All

Just purchased our first caravan. We pick up our 2007 Coachman 460/2 on the 5th of September. Excited and nervous all in one. Seems to be so much to learn and take on board. i will be scouring this site for tips and advice.

So if i post a dumb question in the future…………. Be gentle :P

regards

Graham

Welcome to the forum, if you need to know anything about tattoos, rap music or just wish to insult anyone having a birthday you've come to the right place - take a look around the threads!

Happy caravanning

Hi and :welcome:. .... There no such thing as a dumb question, coz we all been in your position at sometime. ..

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

:welcome: It would be interesting to know how many GRAHAM'S there are on here! :D

Welcome from one to another! :D

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

We all post a dumb question every now and then no matter how long we have been a member, just dont rush and do a bit of people watching while on site and you wont look out of place .

Enjoy and welcome .

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

:welcome: ask away. ...no question is stupid and someone on here will have the answer. :)

:welcome: from another Graham.

Great hobby - you'll never regret it!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I was always told that the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask :)

Welcome

Jim

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)

Hi All, i'm new to this and the caravan life, well not yet as our caravan is in a container ship somewhere hopefully heading to Cyprus where we live.

I will post loads of daft questions as caravans are not a usual sight here and we have no back up locally.

Number one daft question, can we fill the water system before leaving?

Number two, what can i expect to use from a fully charged battery and for how long? (normal kitchen stuff, lights etc.)

Judy

:welcome: It would be interesting to know how many GRAHAM'S there are on here! :D

Welcome from one to another! :D

Not a Graham, but a Graeme also in Kent. Welcome.

We only went in to have a look!!!

Hi All, i'm new to this and the caravan life, well not yet as our caravan is in a container ship somewhere hopefully heading to Cyprus where we live.

I will post loads of daft questions as caravans are not a usual sight here and we have no back up locally.

Number one daft question, can we fill the water system before leaving?

Number two, what can i expect to use from a fully charged battery and for how long? (normal kitchen stuff, lights etc.)

Judy

Best not to fill the water tank before travelling due to the extra weight.

Qu 2. Depends on so many things and I assume you mean with no electrical hook up. We can do 4 days and nights easily but maybe the solution could be a solar panel as I believe you have more sunshine than we do :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Welcome to the world of freedom. Hope you enjoy your first trip away. Have you got anything planned? :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

Welcome to the world of freedom. Hope you enjoy your first trip away. Have you got anything planned? :)

have a trip away to Dorset booked up, should be an interesting test of the caravan and my ability to tow :P

Enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are back from our very first caravan holiday. Had a fantastic week in Dorset, stayed on a great site near Corfe Castle and found how friendly and helpful fellow caravaners are when a newbie turns up on site and needs a little help with setting up the caravan.

We are very pleased with our purchase, we have made a list of things we need for the next trip and our looking forward to new adventures.

Glad you enjoyed your first trip away. You'll find now when you're out and about you'll always see something and think 'oh that'll be nice in the caravan'.

We're going away for Christmas & New Year for the first time this year so my OH is trying to stop me going crazy on new Christmas deccies for the caravan! He's such a spoilsport ;)

Christmas away in the caravan sounds cool, where you thinking of staying ? Will you be doing roast turkey dinner ?

We had our first Christmas away in the van last year, staying at Cirencester CC site and absolutely loved it! We took our little porch awning and had a Christmas tree set up in there and all the lights outside the awning. We set up our mini electric fan oven and electric hob in the awning so most of the cooking was done in the awning using the caravan gas oven just to keep things warm. Highly recommend Christmas in the caravan and it was a good choice of site as only a short walk into Cirencester which was stunning at Christmas.

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

We had our first Christmas away in the van last year, staying at Cirencester CC site and absolutely loved it! We took our little porch awning and had a Christmas tree set up in there and all the lights outside the awning. We set up our mini electric fan oven and electric hob in the awning so most of the cooking was done in the awning using the caravan gas oven just to keep things warm. Highly recommend Christmas in the caravan and it was a good choice of site as only a short walk into Cirencester which was stunning at Christmas.

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

We're off to Braidhaugh near Crieff. Not too far away from home if the weather's bad. Looking at doing a four bird roast from Aldi for Christmas dinner or a turkey crown. Taking my steamer for veggies. Hoping to get a new awning when we go to the NEC next month and am looking forward to decorating it :)

I'm really liking the idea of Christmas away in the caravan, awning decked out with lights and a tree, may be the first Christmas in years that will actually feel like Christmas should feel. Best I start searching for a secondhand awning

I can't wait :) I've bought a little 30cm fibre optic tree for inside the caravan, our lights that we already have for our tree at home are indoor or outdoor so they'll go inside or outside the awning! Just to persuade hubby to let me take a bigger tree for inside the awning now ;)

I think you should give it a go :)