Calling Peugeot 3008 Owners.

The Dog House

I was wondering the same thing, I've been reading about the"grip control" and it looks impressive for a front wheel drive.

Knaus sudwind 500 TL C4 grand Picasso 2. 0 hdi 138 EGS Exclusive

I was wondering the same thing, I've been reading about the"grip control" and it looks impressive for a front wheel drive.

My understanding is that the 'grip control' is no different to the VW EDL diff lock system. Both systems use the ABS system to lock the slipping front wheel to allow the ESP to control the grip to the wheel that has any remaining grip. All Peugeot appear to do is supply the car with mud tires when this option is selected which is going to massively alter it's off road ability anyway.

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Any thoughts ref. the Peugeot 3008 as a tow car?

Plus points?

Neg points?

Petrol V diesel?

Cheers.

Is it related to my 308SW?

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

If I remember correctly they have a very low maximum braked towing weight. We test drove the automatic 1600 diesel and it was dreadful.

If I remember correctly they have a very low maximum braked towing weight. We test drove the automatic 1600 diesel and it was dreadful.

1500 kg for the 1. 6 petrol and the 2. 0 diesel, which is enough for the vans we are considering. Some of the other models are 1300 or an even lower figure is quoted in the spec. sheet these being fitted with 'energy saving' tyres it seems.

When you say dreadful what do you mean?

Cheers.

Martin. ..........

1500 kg for the 1. 6 petrol and the 2. 0 diesel, which is enough for the vans we are considering. Some of the other models are 1300 or an even lower figure is quoted in the spec. sheet these being fitted with 'energy saving' tyres it seems.

When you say dreadful what do you mean?

Cheers.

The automatic 1600 has a maximum towing weight of about 1200kgs. By dreadful was in relation to the automatic which takes a bit of getting used to as it is not a "true" automatic and gear changes can be a bit jerky. I prefer a torque converter gearbox as much smoother. The car itself was very comfortable and very similar tot eh Citroen Picasso.

Edited by DeltaTIowner

DeltaTIowner, on 29 Aug 2014 - 1:55 PM, said:DeltaTIowner, on 29 Aug 2014 - 1:55 PM, said:

The automatic 1660 has a maximum towing weight of about 1200kgs. By dreadful was in relation to the automatic which takes a bit of getting used to as it is not a "true" automatic and gear changes can be a bit jerky. I prefer a torque converter gearbox as much smoother. The car itself was very comfortable and very similar tot eh Citroen Picasso.

Noted cheers. TBH I wasn't really considering an automatic (I should have said in my OP) but it's good to know how all the models shape up so thanks.

Edited by The Dog House

Martin. ..........