Review: Peugeot 508sw Allure

ribs99

• 5 months later...

I cannot comment on the 508 SW's towing ability as I have yet to get that far. I have a 508 SW 6 speed manual with 163 bhp HDi engine with SatNav and full length glass roof which is a real pleasure to drive. Best Pug of all for me after 6 other Pugs. The Cruise Control and Speed Limiter are both very useful especially for not exceeding the speed limit which is ever so easy to do because of the power. The SatNav is easy to update (Firmware and mapping) by getting the software at the gpsunderground website. Make sure you read the whole of the posts on it (it has the RT6 system) before you try to update as there are a whole load of if's and but's to go through. Up to end 2011 you can only go to 2. 31 Firmware (with re-coding) , I understand, due to the hardware being different after that date. 2. 2 works without recoding. Full details of how to do it are there for the reading.

• 2 years later...

I tow with a 2015 508SW 2. 0 163bhp auto and it is brilliant. I am towing 1369kg which is slightly above the CC 85% of kerb weight but no problem. For me, the auto box makes the tow really comfortable and locking the cruise control control on at 60 makes motorway driving great. I have abandoned the inbuilt satnav for Copilot on my phone which is very good. The car satnav required too much reading whilst driving and too many confusing instructions.

2180 Kg Kerbweight seems a lot to me

Les

2180 Kg Kerbweight seems a lot to me

Yes - That kerbweight quoted in the review is wrong. Kerbweight is more like 1520Kgs which would make vanmike's outfit to be working at 90%.

PS: The 2180Kgs is actually the figure for the car's maximum allowable weight.

Edited by Jaydug

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

• 2 months later...

How do you find the suspension, I have the 140 Sw Active and found the suspension really dropped significantly to the point where grounding part of the trip.