Brake Shoes - Viking Fibreline

I am doing a rolling restoration of a 1979 Viking fibreline voyager 2 and I could do with replacing the brake shoes as the friction material is looking a bit thin. Does anyone know the model/pattern I need?

Any help received with thanks. :)

post-69557-0-23633900-1409141161_thumb.jpg

post-69557-0-33348900-1409141177_thumb.jpg

In the past I have had brake shoes relined by a a pukka centre such as these : http://www. ferodo. com/en-gb/Network/Approved-Reline-Centres/Pages/Ferodo-Approved-Brake-Reline-centers. aspx

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I would venture that they are the same as all B&B trailers, and that an Aústin or similar shoe would fit. I would take them to a car spares (not Halfords!) place, and see if they can help.

Reline is easier than trying to trace old shoes and as cheap.

This what I always do on old trailers.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Don't wish to state the obvious but please be careful as if those are very old or original they may be asbestos.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Don't wish to state the obvious but please be careful as if those are very old or original they may be asbestos.

:goodpost:

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Yes I realise that old brake linings are very likely to be asbestos - i did wet the brakes before removing the drums so as to damp any dust down.

Edited by Discoed

Seem pricey to me as well

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Well, perhaps I can differ a little- they are only 15% more than the average price, and £10 less than Alko shoes. If mine needed brakes, which it doesn't, I'd be getting them. ..

I agree - I made an offer below the asking price and it was accepted. I feel that a few quid on new shoes is a small price to pay. They will last years and deliver peace of mind.

Anyway I have better things to do than trying to find old brake shoes for a lower price.