Rimor New Polaris

Nibandlin

Hi, I'm intrigued with the Thetford cassette toilet on my Rimor New Polaris LM 480. In fairness when the salesman demonstrated all functions of the caravan at handover there was no mention that the cassette level indicator was supposed to work. There is a float in the cassette but my installation doesn't appear to have any form of electrical connection, it has no top tank, the blue button for flushing seems to flush from the caravan's pressure water systen as there is no sound of an electric pump, inbetween the blue button and the flap openning handle is a wedge shaped image level indicator the widest part of the wedge has a black dot supposed LED for when the cassette is full, Thetford instructions say that entire wedge display should illuminate briefly on pressing blue button and obviously the LED should light up when the cassette is full, none of this happens, in fairness you can clearly see the level of the cassette fill buy openning the flap. Should I go back to Martins saying there's a fault to be fixed under warranty OR is it just a Rimor installation quirk OR should this Thetford toilet have a battery to work the indicator if so wher is this battery located?

My toilet has a level indicator but I never use it as said you can see the level easily in the cassette . The only problem is at the time of sale it could cost you money or a sale if it is not working . If it is only a quick trip back to the dealer to get it put right it could be worth it .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .