Caravan Warranty's

suandjas

Hi all

I have a bailey pegasus 534 2010 model which i brought last year from a dealer which came with a years warranty from MB&G insurance services . I have been offered to renew my warranty for 24 months for £320. 00 gold cover do you think its worth the money. Bearing in mind my van has a 10 yr water ingress warranty from bailey

look at it from a different perspective, for example if you fridge packed up, it would cost about £800-£1000 to replace, though this may never happen, for 320 you have the peace of mind that if it does you will be covered :)

It would be rare if a fridge to need replacing as most replacement parts are available for all caravan appliances .

Check the small print what is covered as some insurances are not worth the paper they are written on .

£320 would go a long way to getting something repaired if it went wrong .

Most quote they do not cover " wear and tear " and unless something physically breaks its not covered .

Insurance is a gamble but usually with only one winner .

As you say you could keep your servicing upto date on the caravan to keep the ingress warranty .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Caravan faults due to manufacturing tend to show up well within the original warranty period - after that you should get a decade of fault-free use - the exception being water-ingress which can occur at any time from day 1.

Edited by Black Grouse

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES