Hi

I was wondering if other users have had the same issues with internet connection whilst using the club sites.

I subscribed to a years internet and every site this year I have had problems connecting and downloading from sites.

They are selling annual subscriptions to their internet but don't seem to be offering the service.

I would urge anyone to avoid paying annual subscription until the club gets this sorted. The problems has been apparent on five of the sites visited this year.

What's your thoughts?

Driving Nissan Navara 2013.

Bailey Pegasus Verona 2014.

We were at Strathcylde Park at the weekend and there were posters up asking to be patient while they were doing upgrades to the WiFi system.

Perhaps they are doing it across the CC network.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

Which club?

Alan

Caravan

We were at Strathcylde Park at the weekend and there were posters up asking to be patient while they were doing upgrades to the WiFi system.

Perhaps they are doing it across the CC network.

I don't think so it's been rubbish since they introduced the new system I would urge anyone to save their money.

This year been to park coppice conistone and ferry meadows no internet on site both times, got my money back through PayPal.

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

I have used the system at several sites over the last couple of years without any real problems although it has been very slow at times. There have been two or three times when I couldn't get a connection at all but I just switched off and watched TV or read a book - my life doesn't depend on being connected and I can check emails on my phone anyway. As mentioned above, Alderstead Heath last week displayed notices saying the system was being upgraded and so you may now see an improvement.

Do you have any difficulties connecting to other WiFi networks - just wondered if it was hardware related and a different device might connect more easily?

No my ipad and laptop are fine, I tend to use the ipad all the time I brought the laptop just to satisfy my mind at home the ipad works fine, yesterday while at york it was terrible ( beechwood) I took my ipad into York called in wetherspoons for a pint and the ipad worked fine.

We have used sutton on sea, beechwood grange, poolsbrook and broadway this year and all sites have poor internet connection.

I do think that the miidle of the summer when the sites are nearly full and everyone wants to use the service probably wasn't the best time to do an upgrade.

We've paid our annual sub and it's been fine in most of the places we've visited except for Daleacres CC site in Kent where there was no service at all in the first two weeks of August.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Yes sounds like a general problem, maybe they should refund people until it's 100% right.

Here at Start Bay CC site no problems at all! The Internet was upgraded last week, and is working well.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Wifi on sites are far to slow for most use today I'm on holiday and don't want to sit around waiting for pages to render and video to buffer with dial up speeds My mifi gives at least 9MB so I can stream on my Sky box .

It costs a fortune and only certain pitches can get it usually . The whole wifi on sites needs moving into the 21St century.

13 Why is it so slow to download content every evening and to Skype my friends?

The Club is not imposing any hard data limits however due to the bandwidth available at some of our sites this may naturally prevent you from downloading data hungry programmes. While we cannot stop you streaming video content and TV, skyping or uploading photos these can be extremely data hungry and you may not have the best experience especially at peak times of the day, and you will also limit the experience of your fellow members so do try and be considerate of others. Uploading one or two photos may be ok but save the photo album til you get home!

We have however taken the decision to block certain websites that are inefficiently built and therefore use up more data than normal so if you try and access these you will get a message telling you we have blocked this content, but don't worry more and more websites are now using modern web code that makes them much easier on the data so this will be an exception rather than the rule and can only get better!

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/uk-holidays/advice-and-information/wi-fi/wi-fi-faqs

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I've moaned a lot in the past about CC wifi connectivity and costs, but I must say that things seem to have improved considerably recently. I've been on five CC clubsites this summer and had no problems whatsoever with the wifi.

Latest info re CC wifi here (updated yesterday).

John

I am on a C&CC site presently. Why do they make it so difficult to log off the internet? It took me ages to find out - not good at reading instructions.

Do they want us to buy more internet access? My wife earns her living via the www and needs reliable access.

Paul

2009 2. 5 Kia Sorento
2012 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Latest info re CC wifi here (updated yesterday).

Thanks for that link John - I see it lists all the sites where they are working on problems and those that have not yet been upgraded.

Beechwood Grange and Daleacres have both been mentioned in postings above and they are both on the list so the Club are working on those issues

I am on a C&CC site presently. Why do they make it so difficult to log off the internet? It took me ages to find out - not good at reading instructions.

Do they want us to buy more internet access? My wife earns her living via the www and needs reliable access.

Paul

Paul,

You don't need to log-out anymore . .. because you buy unlimited access for either 24 hours, a week or a year.

See here.

John

I use my phone to connect my iPad to the web, had the dongles, and the site wifi, waste of time and money. You can get better mobile internet service for not a lot of money if you shop around, which is what I will be doing when my contract is up on my phone in March 2015

Thanks for the reply Johnaldo, but I am concerned about using more than one web enabled device with one access code. Not at the same time of course but to log one device off in order to log the other one on is difficult if not impossible.

Paul

2009 2. 5 Kia Sorento
2012 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Thanks for that link John - I see it lists all the sites where they are working on problems and those that have not yet been upgraded.

Beechwood Grange and Daleacres have both been mentioned in postings above and they are both on the list so the Club are working on those issues

Yes that's fine but why ask you to pay annually but then can't come up with the service it's a joke.

Yes that's fine but why ask you to pay annually but then can't come up with the service it's a joke.

I agree - but as I said earlier I have not experienced the problems you have had, and if I did then it wouldn't bother me too much. Of course if I were running a business or had personal reasons to remain connected then I would understand your frustration and be the first to join you in complaining ! ;)

Ask for a refund then. There is a list of problem sites on their website and they apologise for any inconvenience.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

The ongoing improvements to the WiFi provision on CC sites has been widely publicised by the Caravan Club. Anyone interested in booking a site have been advised in the site details of the situation regarding internet provision at the site with a link to the upgrade programme.

I have been a user of the Club's internet provision since its inception several years ago when payment was almost by the hour and the service was rather hit and miss. When the original provider ceased trading the contract was taken on by Air Angel, I believe, who also acquired the infrastructure at Club sites. It quickly became apparent to users that under the new provider internet provision was still quite poor and still varied in strength from site to site and also within an individual site. For the past year the new provider has carried out a programme of improvements to individual Club sites WiFi provision.

This year I have only been unable to get internet provision at one site because I was on the site the week before the scheduled upgrade. At all the other Club sites I have visited I have found the internet access well worth the one off annual payment of £25 for my kind of usage.

Paul, You don't need to log-out anymore . .. because you buy unlimited access for either 24 hours, a week or a year. See here. John

Wrong club.

C & Cc don't offer unlimited access.

Their wifi is rubbish. On one of their sites at the moment but cannot access their wi-fi.

Interestingly I find that even when my IPad mini cannot pick up a wi fi signal my mobile can. So it seems it may depend on device you are using.

In fact I use teathering with my mobile rather than the site wi-fi

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Wrong club.

C & Cc don't offer unlimited access.

|Apologies,

I hadn't spotted that Paul had introduced the C&CC into a thread concerning CC.

However, having just checked the C&CC webpages it would appear that their system runs in the same manor, ie daily/weekly/yearly . .. so you may not need to log-off there either, except, of course, if you are using more than one device. (If you do need to log-off just go to http://logmeoff. net)

John

You have to bear in mind that most CC and C&CC sites are not in urban areas so may be a long way from the serving exchange and thus have considerable line loss - I can't see either club paying for fibre or a microwave link to be installed.

Also remember that what comes out of the end of the cable could be 2Mb or lower and that has to service not only those staying on the site but the site office as well. Spread 2Mb across potentially 50 users and you have 40Kb if you are lucky - almost as slow as GPRS on a 2G phone!

If you are going to a known site you can find out for yourself. First go to www. magsys. co. uk, use their code locator and find out the name of the serving exchange by entering the camping site telephone number. Then go to www. samknows. com, select the UK broadband option and enter the name of the exchange. This will tell you what facilities the exchange has in terms of broadband and more importantly exactly where the exchange is. Finally Google for ADSL broadband line speed checker or something like and you will find a site that will either test it for you remotely or show you a chart of expected loss versus data speed.

Work on the statistical assumption that 10-20% of users could be active at once and you will get a rough idea of the speed you may achieve. That of course assumes that users are doing e-mail or simple surfing: if they are download or watching films on line or trying to use it to watch iPlayer or live TV, then activity could be much nearer 100%!

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

I have just received, and believe that I am not only person, an email message from the Head of Site Operations of the CC. It would appear that the upgrading of the WiFi provision on sites has not gone smoothly in all cases though should be completed by the end of August.

Some sites were without any WiFi provision and the CC are extending the one year year WiFi access by an extra month "by way of an apology and a thank you" for users' patience during the upgrade. The extension will be automatic for all who have purchased one year access during this time.