Elddis Avante 576 Or 636

MPG

We are going through the dilemma of choosing a new van at the moment.

Having looked at the Pegasus GT65 Ancona (we have a 546 at present) we can't see anyway that the new Pegasus allows the kids to watch the goggle box in the back and not disturb us in the morning as we can at present.

Looking at the publicity photo's for the 576 & 636 it looks like their is a provision for a TV bracket which can be swivelled round for them. Is this the case and does it work in reality.

I know this may seem a small point but its a treat the kids only get in the van to watch the telly in bed and they don't disturb us too early!

Also any general feedback on either of these vans would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

hi,

we have a tempest which is same layout as 636 I believe. the tv works well and the stand can be swivelled around so the kids can watch in the bunks, though it will be by "your" bed and so I suggest it will wake you up when turned on!

hi,

we have a tempest which is same layout as 636 I believe. the tv works well and the stand can be swivelled around so the kids can watch in the bunks, though it will be by "your" bed and so I suggest it will wake you up when turned on!

Thanks, it's not so much being woken up anyway it more me and Mrs G being able to have a cup of tea in peace without the kids bouncing all over us wanting to watch cbeebies on our telly. .......

We only have the one tv on the bracket by the door but certainly the kids can watch from their bunks.

Hi, we have the 636, and the bracket is by the door and it can be swivelled to nearly any position with the bracket it comes with, it's really handy so if the weather is bad you can make up the addition double bed in the dinette area, and the kids can chill out on that,

On the 636 there is also a partition screen so you can close it fir the lovely peace and quite.

Ps could not recommend the 636 highly enough, it's been brill since feb when we got it.

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

We looked at all 3 vans as listed and spend several days deciding before getting the 636 which we have no regrets.

Bailey - did not like lack of front outside locker and missing lockers inside due to large centre window. Table storage was under front seat, every body would have to move to get it out.

576 - found it a bit tight to get bikes through the door and left turn to store between front seats. Fridge smaller than 636.

636 - other than being bigger and dearer we could find no major problems for the way we wanted to use it.

We use 2 12volt in car. DVD players to keep them occupied on the journey and have fitted a 12v power supply to the bunks so they can watch DVDs in bed with headphones bliss. Tv will be nearer the front bed and you will hear the sound, best £80 pound I have ever spent.

Thanks everyone.

The biggest problem I have now is finding an elddis van to view!

It looks like the 2 dealers nearest to us (glossop and Campbell's) have no stock at all until they get their 2015 vans.

Looks like a trip to the nec unless they get some soon.

Mike

We use 2 12volt in car. DVD players to keep them occupied on the journey and have fitted a 12v power supply to the bunks so they can watch DVDs in bed with headphones bliss. Tv will be nearer the front bed and you will hear the sound, best £80 pound I have ever spent.

We will be using both the bunks and the dinette as have 3 daughters (bunks are getting too small on the peg) so it's the telly really that I want. That said the eldest is reaching that stage where getting up in the morning is a real chore. ....

Thanks everyone.

The biggest problem I have now is finding an elddis van to view!

It looks like the 2 dealers nearest to us (glossop and Campbell's) have no stock at all until they get their 2015 vans.

Looks like a trip to the nec unless they get some soon.

Mike

We will be using both the bunks and the dinette as have 3 daughters (bunks are getting too small on the peg) so it's the telly really that I want. That said the eldest is reaching that stage where getting up in the morning is a real chore. ....

Mike get the tempest, you won't be dissapointed

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Mike get the tempest, you won't be dissapointed

I know, that Mrs G's preferred option but cost and the fact it's right in the mass in service of the Smax is a concern. .......

I know, that Mrs G's preferred option but cost and the fact it's right in the mass in service of the Smax is a concern. .......

You're only here once pal. Go tempest and Disco 4 😎😎😎

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

You're only here once pal. Go tempest and Disco 4 😎😎😎

Now there's a match, you know anyone with that outfit? 😉

Now there's a match, you know anyone with that outfit? 😉

Quite possibly. .......

You wouldn't be dissapointed, tap Shenton up or use your bonus!!!💶💶💶💶💶

Hi Mike,

We got our 636 back in Jan 2013, despite a few niggles mainly with Elddis customer services, our 636 is turning out to be the perfect caravan for us. the main points for us is that the kids beds are fixed and gives them a space to call their own, the side dinet seats 4 and the bathroom is huge with a proper size shower.

When we got ours we allready had a decent LED TV so the one that came with the van i've relocated to the end of the Top Bunk. It was an easy job to run a power supply and ariel through all the lockers from the back of the battery box round under the front seats then down the side lockers to under the bottom bunk. i then used some black halfround micro trunking to get the cables up to the top bunk.

The 636 has an arial splitter just behind the fuse box (under the fron seats) and i think you can run up to three tv's, anyway with both the TV's having freeview built in the daughter can watch what she wants while the wife and i watch what we want at the front.

As the van is still within warranty the power supply is taken direct from the main battery terminals via a fuse however it will eventually be incoporated into the main wiring harness. So apart from the two holes drilled in the end wall of the bunk (above wc) for the Cross Dowel nuts and bolts holding the TV bracket. everything can be removed in about half an hour should any warranty issed arise.

NB i also aded an inline switch where the power supply comes out from the battery box (under the front seat) so i can power down her TV when its time to go to sleep!!! :)

I can post some pictures if it helps, but it works great for us.

Cheers

Chris