Three Want Shooting (And Probably Ee Too)

aaaargh !!! what a waste of my time. Sorry folks just need to vent.

I have a THree 3g card. It's run out so I went to top it up. It needs my address and wants to help me by insisting on finding it via the postcode. But the only options it suggests are streets about 40 miles away from my postcode. Until I also give it the first 6 letters of my house name. Then it lists my house along with about 10 others - which is normal. So I choose my house from the list but it doesn't pull in the street name. When I press submit it fails because it says it needs a street name. But the street field is not editable so I can't type it in aaaargh 1

So I fill in their complaints form. At first I tell it I am a Three customer but it rejects the form because it insists I have to have a Three phone (I've lost the packaging that the 3g card came with). So I tell it I am not a customer and this time it rejects the form because it says it still needs my Three telephone number, and the postcode is missing - but there's no box to fill in a postcode . .... aaaaargh 2

All phone help lines ask me for my THree telephone number . ... aaargh 3

EE have been more helpful but I can't get into 'myaccount' even though I do actually have the number for my non-existent EE phone. I think I will have to switch to EE and keep buying their 6gb or 10gb cards . ... but I suspect when I try to activate the second one it will not let me and will tell me I must top up the first one I bought (more expensive and only one month before expiry as opposed to 3 months when you buy the card.

Mike

Isnt it cheaper to just buy another 3gb sim card and save the hassle? Or maybe pop into a three store and see if they can sort it and top it up

Yes but one Three card ran out (while on a remote site) and the EE card that I had hoped to replace it with, I managed to block the SIM somehow, so it seemed logical to go to the Three website and pay for a top up for a month until I could get more 90 day cards.

Mike