Motorhome And Caravan Show

chrisp69

HI Folks, weve decided to buy a caravan after years of camping. Anyway is it best to hold off until after the motorhome and caravan show in the NEC in october. Do they have some good deals there. anyone bought a caravan at the show??.

We bought our last two vans at the show. Having a lot of dealers around does give you the opportunity to compare prices and deals which are surprising varied - the price of our last van varied by over £2000 and we actually got a cracking deal both on it and our part-ex by being able to compare deals on the spot.

Bear in mind though that a good price from a dealer 200 miles away may not seem as good if you have to heave it back to him to get warranty work carried out.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Yes, I got a fantastic deal there. Well worth it, with the point made by previous post being very well made. Worth seeing if dealers from your area are displaying there. They often have sales targets for the show, so if you leave it late you cam drive a hard bargain. Dont be afraid to push for them to throw in extras too as they often will

We bought ours from NEC in 2009 got a good deal.

As you have no Part ex, you will be in a very good position to get a good deal, don't accept the first offer, haggle, haggle then haggle and as already said ask for extras like awning, Tyron bands, battery, gas bottles etc, they are there to be "abused" :D they want your business.

Or if you want last years models the dealer might do a better deal on their stock, ask don't be afraid.

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

We rang our local dealer from the show and told him what we had been offered in part exchange and asked if he could match it. He started off £2000 higher than the show figure but after some negotiation came down to £800 different. He had said that as a Bailey agent he would have to do our warrenty work regardless if we bought from him or not but as his customers he would do everything possible to get us on the road in the event of trouble even canibilising one of his show vans for a part. However if we weren't his customer we would have to wait for time in his workshop [maybe a month] and for the part to be sent for.

We decided as he has always treated us very fairly we would pay the extra but I am not sure if I would again because when we needed a quick fix one of his staff had just left and another had a heart attack so he couldn't help.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

http://www. 3acaravans. co. uk/caravan-for-sale. html?caravan=3600C19414A47D9780257D0C0036836B

what u guys think of this. the guy has offered me a motor mover, full awning, gas bottle, leisure battery and water containers. . sounds like a good deal !!!! or sshould i wait till the show!!

3a's leisure is a good dealer and has many good reports, this must be taken into consideration when buying a van, how many people on ths forum have bought from a particular dealer to save a few quid and them moaned their heads off about the dealer later. Cheapest is not best, but if its the van you want and the price is reasonable, do it.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

http://www. 3acaravans. co. uk/caravan-for-sale. html?caravan=3600C19414A47D9780257D0C0036836B

what u guys think of this. the guy has offered me a motor mover, full awning, gas bottle, leisure battery and water containers. . sounds like a good deal !!!! or sshould i wait till the show!!

According to the Elddis web site this model is £14399 that would be for a 2015 van so don't forget you are buying what, when you come to sell, is already a year old van. It won't matter that you didn't use it until Sept 2014. On the other hand a motor mover and a full awning are worth well over a £1000 but you are already paying £650 over the list price to wards those extras.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Evening.

We called in to Newport Caravans today, they have a few 2014 vans for sale at very reduced prices.

We changed our van last year with them at this time and got a very good deal.

Gerald

According to the Elddis web site this model is £14399 that would be for a 2015 van so don't forget you are buying what, when you come to sell, is already a year old van. It won't matter that you didn't use it until Sept 2014. On the other hand a motor mover and a full awning are worth well over a £1000 but you are already paying £650 over the list price to wards those extras.

thats a good point!!!! maybe ill hold off and see what comes up. . Not been to Newport Caravans gerald but heard lots of good things about them. their also going to be at the show. so may wait and see what they will do then!!!

I bought my last 2 caravans "at the show" mind you Ive never been to the show at the NEC, my local dealer offered me the same discount that they were offering customers on their stand at the NEC. Shop around its a buyers market if you know what van you want and the prices everyone is willing to sell at.