Pegasus 546 To A Gt65 Ancona?

MPG

We went to look at the Ancona today (its not advisable to call in at a dealers on a BH with the van on the back on the way home from somewhere. ..........)

The layout works well for us and addresses the lack of a usable shower and three growing children in the small 546 bunks.

However one thing which works really well for us in the 546 is the TV on the wall at the back and the kids being able to watch their own thing in the morning. We could not see how this arrangement would work for us with the Ancona as their is no TV point / mount near the bunks.

Has anybody made the change from the tripple bunk / end dinette to the twin bunk end bathroom arrangement and overcome this (assuming it was an issue to you!).

Thanks

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

We went to look at the Ancona today (its not advisable to call in at a dealers on a BH with the van on the back on the way home from somewhere. ..........)

The layout works well for us and addresses the lack of a usable shower and three growing children in the small 546 bunks.

However one thing which works really well for us in the 546 is the TV on the wall at the back and the kids being able to watch their own thing in the morning. We could not see how this arrangement would work for us with the Ancona as their is no TV point / mount near the bunks.

Has anybody made the change from the tripple bunk / end dinette to the twin bunk end bathroom arrangement and overcome this (assuming it was an issue to you!).

Thanks

Mike

I have an Olympus 546 (Same layout but slightly slimmer) and have put off an 'upgrade' to the Ancona for the same reasons. The bunks may be small but they work.

Also I have three boys who cannot aim! - So the ability to 'hose' down the loo is very useful. Cannot do this in the Ancona ;)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I have just ordered the Ancona today.

We have also just bought the kids dual DVD players which also pick up freeview which were good to use at the back of the Bretagne. We are going to ask the dealer to fit an extra socket and TV point under the bottom bunk.

My thinking is that I can Velcro the monitors to the foot of the bunk and the kids can lie in bed and watch TV. The monitors can then also be removed to use in the car for longer journeys.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

We have also just bought the kids dual DVD players which also pick up freeview which were good to use at the back of the Bretagne. We are going to ask the dealer to fit an extra socket and TV point under the bottom bunk.

My thinking is that I can Velcro the monitors to the foot of the bunk and the kids can lie in bed and watch TV. The monitors can then also be removed to use in the car for longer journeys.

How many kids do you have?

Mahatma Gandhi

How many kids do you have?

Two, but there are only two bunks so my solution works for that end of the van.

He will need another plan for his third kid.

Two, but there are only two bunks so my solution works for that end of the van.

He will need another plan for his third kid.

For the third one, there is an aerial next to the side dinette that would solve that issue

Also I have three boys who cannot aim! - So the ability to 'hose' down the loo is very useful. Cannot do this in the Ancona ;)

Thats not an issue I have with 3 daughters. ............ :D

Thanks CBBC, I have a TV already so am just looking for somewhere to 'mount' it.

We are going to look at the Elddis 6 berth's at the weekend as they look to have a solution with a wall mounted bracket, but we shall see.

Hi mpg, i have the ancona, its a fantastic van and we love it, we have had only minor problems that were easy to fix, so dont be put off by some of the comments you read. .. I have installed a tv at the foot of the bunk at the bottom, you cant run cables round the internals of the van from one side to the other fir the aerial so i went from the middle dinette cupboard through an existing gas hole in the floor underneath the van and cable-tied it to existing pipework underneath and up a gas hole in the floor beneath the oven and into the bottom bunk, the connectors in the dinette cupboard have connectors on that can be split and a tee piece installed in seconds, the power for the tv comes from the sockets under the oven, if you have any questions about anything give me a shout

Grahammac, that's good news that's exactly what I was thinking of doing :D:D

Thanks all.

Does not really solve the issue that I want a single point to put a TV that the 3 kids can see as we can at the moment in the 546.

Looks like bailey will be losing a customer.

Mike

Thanks all.

Does not really solve the issue that I want a single point to put a TV that the 3 kids can see as we can at the moment in the 546.

Looks like bailey will be losing a customer.

Mike

Agreed. The only other option is to put it in the awning?

Mahatma Gandhi

Agreed. The only other option is to put it in the awning?

Only use the awning at whit half term and summer otherwise it's the fammia pull out, plus I look a bit cruel banishing the kids to the awning to watch the box. .........

Only use the awning at whit half term and summer otherwise it's the fammia pull out, plus I look a bit cruel banishing the kids to the awning to watch the box. .........

Well, as I said before, I love the 546 layout so will be sticking with it for a good while. I would like a separate toilet though the original Pegy 646 was perfect in every way for us, wish they still made it :(

Edited by dreadly

Mahatma Gandhi

• 5 months later...

Grahammac, I have sent you a PM.

I would just like to publicly thank Grahammac for the help he has given me over the last 24 hours - much appreciated - cheers!!

Hi mpg, i have the ancona, its a fantastic van and we love it, we have had only minor problems that were easy to fix, so dont be put off by some of the comments you read. .. I have installed a tv at the foot of the bunk at the bottom, you cant run cables round the internals of the van from one side to the other fir the aerial so i went from the middle dinette cupboard through an existing gas hole in the floor underneath the van and cable-tied it to existing pipework underneath and up a gas hole in the floor beneath the oven and into the bottom bunk, the connectors in the dinette cupboard have connectors on that can be split and a tee piece installed in seconds, the power for the tv comes from the sockets under the oven, if you have any questions about anything give me a shout

I have found a very handy place to run aerial cable in the Alutech is the channel that runs across the top corner all around the van that contains the torque bolts that hold the van together. It literally runs all around the entire van :)

Mahatma Gandhi