2012 Pastiche Road Spray Ingress

PAC

Very disappointed to find that the rear edge of the bathroom floor in my 2012 Pastiche 520/4 was saturated on return from our weekend away.

On investigation, it appears that road spray has entered/flowed inside at the rear corners where the floor interfaces with the external rear plastic panel. I've notified Coachman and have asked they resolve/repair this when the caravan goes in for its front end water ingress issue at the end of September. To add to issues, the battery charger expired this weekend as well, so what should have been a nice weekend away has turned out to be one of upset!

To be honest, I've had enough of the problems with it since purchase and am now considering my options. ....

For anyone else who's towed their 2012-2014 Pastiche/VIP on wet roads I recommend you check that you haven't got the same issue, which must either be because something was missed from manufacture, or is due to a design fault. A 'wrinkled' carpet next to the edge of the rear panel is also a tell tale sign that it has got wet.

post-60620-0-51687100-1409000355_thumb.jpg

post-60620-0-61194900-1409000372_thumb.jpg

post-60620-0-10622800-1409000397_thumb.jpg

Edited by PAC

Thanks for the warning - will keep an eye on our 520/4, although I suspect other models could also be affected. Please keep us posted on the repair and what's involved.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Ten years on since we last owned a caravan and now contemplating one again it is disappointing to see that the basic issue of preventing water ingress in caravans is still yet to be sorted.

We had a leaky Lunar (roof) and a leaky Swift (side panel) in our years of ownership and was rather hoping that this very basic requirement had been pretty much resolved by now, but from this example and posts in other forums it would appear to be far from the case at all.

Martin. ..........

Ten years on since we last owned a caravan and now contemplating one again it is disappointing to see that the basic issue of preventing water ingress in caravans is still yet to be sorted.

We had a leaky Lunar (roof) and a leaky Swift (side panel) in our years of ownership and was rather hoping that this very basic requirement had been pretty much resolved by now, but from this example and posts in other forums it would appear to be far from the case at all.

Good point, but it can't be the design of the caravan or they would all let in water, it's got to be down to shoddy workmanship on the assembly line.

Our van is 11 years old and dry as a bone so we consider ourselves to be lucky, and that's probably why I don't want to spend 15-20k on a new one and have the risk of getting a duffer, having to keep returning to the dealers to sort out problems would take the shine off caravanning for us.

The caravan manufacturing business spends lots of money designing new caravans and new construction methods and to spoilt by the monkeys with mastic guns is quite poor, they really need to get their act together.

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Very disappointed to find that the rear edge of the bathroom floor in my 2012 Pastiche 520/4 was saturated on return from our weekend away.

On investigation, it appears that road spray has entered/flowed inside at the rear corners where the floor interfaces with the external rear plastic panel. I've notified Coachman and have asked they resolve/repair this when the caravan goes in for its front end water ingress issue at the end of September. To add to issues, the battery charger expired this weekend as well, so what should have been a nice weekend away has turned out to be one of upset!

To be honest, I've had enough of the problems with it since purchase and am now considering my options. ....

For anyone else who's towed their 2012-2014 Pastiche/VIP on wet roads I recommend you check that you haven't got the same issue, which must either be because something was missed from manufacture, or is due to a design fault. A 'wrinkled' carpet next to the edge of the rear panel is also a tell tale sign that it has got wet.

Sorry to read of your troubles.

Thanks for posting and I will check my van underneath.

Good point, but it can't be the design of the caravan or they would all let in water, it's got to be down to shoddy workmanship on the assembly line.

Our van is 11 years old and dry as a bone so we consider ourselves to be lucky, and that's probably why I don't want to spend 15-20k on a new one and have the risk of getting a duffer, having to keep returning to the dealers to sort out problems would take the shine off caravanning for us.

The caravan manufacturing business spends lots of money designing new caravans and new construction methods and to spoilt by the monkeys with mastic guns is quite poor, they really need to get their act together.

Sadly,quality control remains an issue with all British made caravans it would seem. Not good enough at all I 'm afraid.

• 1 month later...

We had water entering the n/s rear under bed box area after driving on motorway during really heavy rain, didn't think it was from the wheel arch as it's no where near,so it's coming in the rear corner somehow?

Thanks for the post.

Mondeo 2. 0TDCI 140bhp/ Coachman festival 550