Cristall Moorea Electrics

Wicky

Have we got any Cristall Moorea owners out there? I know we are a rare breed but I bet there's someone who can put me right.

We've owned the Cristall for 3 years now but the set up with the battery charger has baffled me ever since. As it has always worked OK I've never bothered too much but I am starting to feel that I ought to know.

There are two IMPULSE C power supply/battery chargers made by EXENDIS B. V.

Why two? I've got a photo of them in situ but I can't find a way of loading them on to this post.

I've got the instruction manual but it reads like Eric Morecambe's piano playing - the right words but not necessarily in the right order. I can't make head or tail of it except I understand that one of the chargers is portable and can be used for charging at home. However, both seem to be part of the circuit and disconnect one and nothing seems to work on the 12v circuit.

If the photo is going to help maybe someone can tell me how to load it. Otherwise I look forward to hearing from those who have probably forgotten more about these things than I shall ever know.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thanks Wispman and Left Hand Down

If I've read you correctly the picture should appear with this post.

post-47101-0-57041900-1409000863_thumb.jpg

I just went and found the manual on line.

Box 1: A high-power Lithium Ion battery pack.

Box 2: Charger for box 1.

That explain enough, Wicky? (I have a half brother called Wicky)

Tony

Two other points of note from the manual:

1. The battery pack MUST be fully recharged after use and/or before leaving the van in storage.

2. The battery pack should be replaced yearly.

Hi TonyJover

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure which is the more interesting, the info. you have passed on or the fact that I lived in Nuneaton until I was 13 (that's many moons ago). We are not related are we??

Where, on line, did you find the manual? I have found numerous sites involving Exendis in Holland but nothing which specifically relates to this product. . The manual I inherited with the caravan is not really much use especially to me who has no understanding whatsoever of electrics.

As for changing the battery pack yearly - that really is news. I don't seem to have had a problem in 3 years.

Hi again,

Manual is here: http://www. reich-web. nl/documents/handleidingen/user_manual_impulse_ppp_v1_01%20%203%20languages. pdf

Nope, we're not related - I'm a Womble by birth. Work brought me to The Midlands and my wife brought me to Nuneaton (although she's a Yorkie).

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony

I have tried this link without success but the charger(s) are not made by Reich anyway. Exendis BV is a Dutch company which has been taken over by another which seems more interested in selling pylons and windmills.

Regards

David

The link might be on a Reich site, but it's to the correct product.

The manual starts with the words "You now have the instruction manual in front of you that comes with the Impulse Peak Power Pack of EXENDIS B. V."

Tony

Thank you folks.

I've managed to get the link to work but it seems to lead to the wrong product.

The devices in my Cristall are 'IMPULSE C' by Exendis and not 'PEAK' as described in the manual. You will see from the pictures that they are different animals altho' I accept it is possible they both do the same job.

However, this does not explain why I have 2 of them in place and what each one might be doing. As I said earlier, the 12 volt system dies if both are not connected in line. (My picture shows the right hand box disconnected - that's only because I was faffing about with it at the time).

The mystery goes on.

Ahh, okay, sorry. Here's the manual for the Impulse C then: http://www. reich-web. nl/documents/handleidingen/handleiding%20nl%2010a. pdf

However, it's in Dutch ;)

Nevertheless, Page 43 has enough English at the bottom to solve the mystery. One box is a caravan power supply, and the other is a battery charger.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

Actually you've taken me round in a circle. I've got a hard copy of the manual you mention - and in English too. It's just that I don't understand most of it.

I raised the query because as far as I, a complete layman, was concerned, was looking at 2 identical pieces of kit. I know what a charger does but a power pack? No idea really and other van owners tell me they don't have such a thing - just a charger.

Anyway, everything works ok and has done for 3 years so I guess I should stop losing sleep.

Thanks for your time - it wasn't wasted I promise you.

David.

For 'power pack' read 'battery'.

Come on you pedants, bring it on :P:D

hawkaye :beardy: