Rowntree Park Cancellations By The Caravan Club

Has anybody else been affected by the CC cancelation of reservations at Rowntree Park because of demolition work? It has taken me 3 years to get that reservation and now it is cancelled! I sent them a letter of complaint about it, suggesting that the least they could do was make a confirmed booking for the same weekend in 2015. Never got a reply though. Not impressed at all.

Audi Allroad 3. 0Tdi - Coachman Kimberley Amara 560/4

As their demolishing a fair sized warehouse that divides the site, they have had to cancel some bookings, They are closing one side so can demolished. ..

Regular visitors to York Rowntree Park will know that this site consists of two parts, separated by a warehouse. In September 2014, this building will be demolished in order for The Club to improve and enhance the site and its layout. Following the demolition, further improvement work will continue, which is planned to be completed by the end of February 2015. Rather than shut such a popular site, we have decided to cordon off some areas and close the Riverside section of the site during this period.

During the demolition phase (15 September to 24 October), there is likely to be a level of disruption due to noise and dust on site. We will therefore be discounting pitch fees to £1. 00 per night (adult and child fees will remain as published) during this phase of the project only. At all other times, fees will remain as advertised.

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

As their demolishing a fair sized warehouse that divides the site, they have had to cancel some bookings, They are closing one side so can demolished. ..

. .reckon you missed the point made by the OP!

Sam :beardy:

Depends how long they have had to wait to get it demolished. ... They will be on a time scale to get the job done as I think a demolish job needs licensing and they are issued over a time period. ..

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

We are booked on during this period and our booking has not been cancelled thank goodness, as we are attending a wedding in York. We will have to put up with the dust and noise.

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

Quite possible the licensing authority for demolition have insisted on partial closure due to H&S. Pretty sure the club wouldn't have foreseen this as they'd made provisions for pitch fees to be reduced to just £1.

Edited by Phil O

Surprised that the club did not offer the OP a pitch at Beechwood Grange as an alternative with perhaps reduced rates for the inconvenience.

Wonder also if they looked at their "Regular" visitors list and cancelled them first. Would have been much fairer.

Edited by b4bill

Either way the C C can't win. Soon there will be complain that the C C did not inform those lucky enough to be on site about the demolition.

Of course they can't win! It's a poor show if they didn't know in advance (and therefore stop taking bookings) but having made the fowl up, they should, at least, offer some sort of recompense.

Sam :beardy:

I would like to know what criteria the club used to decide who's bookings were to be cancelled.

As we all know, specific pitches cannot be pre-booked and members choose which pitch they want on arrival, so presumably there will be some members still with bookings turning up at 12 o'clock and finding a pitch.

Maybe it was decided by date of booking (perhaps WesleyP could let us know when his booking was made), anyway I fully sympathise with him and any other member affected by this. I certainly wouldn't by happy if it was me.

Barney.
BAILEY UNICORN BARCELONA
behind a KIA SORENTO 2. 5 CRDi XS

We used to take the CHILDREN. ........now we take the GRAND-CHILDREN