Damp Traps

Woodie106

Mrs W found these in our local Asda. Just wondered if anyone had used them?

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/191296120693?redirect=mobile

This was the only link I could find as they don't seem to have there own website

Edited by Woodie106

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

From another Mrs W to another Mr W

Yes I use them especially over winter when the caravan is parked up for so long I also use them in the house when we go on holiday I put one inside the drum of the washing machine stops that damp smell when we come back

Go for it Mrs W!!

Cleaning the House while the kids are at home is like clearing snow with it still snowing

VW Touareg + Bailey Verona = Happy Family :)

Yes I also use them over winter and they're great. Some will say they're not great unless you block up all the vents, close windows properly etc but in our first caravan after the winter we had black mould, the caravan was old and had glass windows so alot of condensation used to build up when using the caravan.

The following year we changed to a caravan with plastic windows as we needed more room. Less condensation but we used the damp traps over winter, closed windows, covered vents and they were full by the time it was over and started using the caravan again - and no mould! They really do help alot! I used to use them all year for a while but when the caravan's in use all the time they weren't really much benefit but when not in use yes use them!

Compass Shadow 1988

If damp or condensation is an issue, it's water ingress - find it and deal with it - tackle the problem, not just the symptoms.

And don't let any dealer tell you that some condensation is normal - it isn't, otherwise it would happen to every caravanner.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Its like trying to dry out the worlds atmosphere, as long as there is

air circulating through the caravan :rolleyes:

I bought them from Asda for a pound each for my home, as we had an issue with condensation, they do pull a lot of water in, had them in the room for about 5 months they were full so threw them. have bought a couple from Morrisons, they are dearer but slightly bigger, just got them so don't know how effective they are.

So last winter I put two of these in the van

http://www. towsure. com/product/Moisture_Mate_Moisture_Absorbing_Trap

after 3 months they were about 3/4 full and no smell of damp (there is an issue in one corner)

Now if

Its like trying to dry out the worlds atmosphere,

were true, I suspect they would have been full a lot earlier, which suggests that the "open to atmosphere" suggestions may not be as great as some would suggest!

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

• 10 months later...

B&M have these in for a £1 each. Great around the home so ave bought some for the van anyway !

Years ago when we had a static van we used to use a couple of bowls with salt in them, the amount of water in them was crazy. No idea if it did any good or not as the van never was damp. Never bother now.