Thinking Of Travelling To The Isle Of Wight

We are thinking of travelling to the Isle of Wight next year and we were wondering if anyone has stopped there before and could recommend a campsite ideally an adult only one.

Marc

White fields Forrest not adult only but large pitches we have been twice never had a problem with children they tend to go into the trees and build dens . got a good deal for the site and ferry the site people arranged every thing check there web site for photos, if you go watch out for the red squirrels . the toilet block is one of the best if not the best we have used

If you are in the CC and like smaller sites have a look Alverstone Ponds CL.

http://www. alverstoneponds. iofw. co. uk/

They also have preferential Ferry Rates.

HTH,

G.

Edited by chapmag

Thanks for the link wispman, I have found the prices for this year and I've asked for next years prices and deals.

Chapmag, thanks for the link, we are not currently members of the CC but we'll have a look at joining

It's worth looking at some of the combined site & ferry offers as the cost of the ferry even with preferential rates is rather high for a few miles of water :)

Jim

We stayed at Southlands which also has fully serviced sites. It is also located on the convenient side of the island and less miles to supermarkets like Morrisons.

Edited by DeltaTIowner

not wishing to hijack thread, but are there any narrow lanes to these sites, as i have read some locations are a bit tight when towing?

Last 2/3rds of a mile to Alverstone Ponds is narrow but predominantly straight.

But do follow their directions do not trust your SAt Nav!!

The rest of the roads from the ferry to final 2/3 of a mile are fine.

Hth,

G.

If you are going outside of the school holidays most sites will be virtually adults only!!! The cost of getting to the Island are such that people tend not to use it for weekends. We stayed at Southlands last September, before the kids went back and hardly saw any on site. The roads are not brilliant but are generally fine. Large double decker buses get round the island OK.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

not wishing to hijack thread, but are there any narrow lanes to these sites, as i have read some locations are a bit tight when towing?

The last mile or so of the approach to the C&CC site at Adgestone is fairly tight with a couple of blind bends and needs to be taken carefully. I would add however that this site really does need updating. Our preferred sites are CC Southlands and also The Orchards.