Buccaneer Clipper Tow Car

farmershands

I have a work car for towing my clipper (x5) just wondered what the smallest 4x4 I could get away with towing it, with my wife's car, would it be ok with lets say a VW tiguan, or bmw x3, freelander? Wife does not want a big 4x4

Edited by farmershands

I would have thought the MIRO of the clipper is above the kerbweight of the Tiguan and possibly the X3 so not a good idea to be towing a caravan that weighs more than your car, some freelanders are a bit heavier but still not a very good match considering the Clipper is around 1. 9 tons fully loaded

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

Hi I would have thought you're looking at a pretty beefy 4 x 4 or MPV to tow the Clipper.

Even at 100% you'd be hard pressed with the newer 4 x 4 and crossovers as they seem to be getting lighter to enable the enhanced performance and consumption figures.

I would think you're going into the world of the green oval, older Sorento's, Sedona's or Jeeps.

As said something beefy like a disco size 4x4.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Jag XJ's can tow 1900kg, but like many I thinks it's 4x4 territory.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

We had a Nissan patrol and the wife found it to big, now towing with a swb shogun.

We had a Nissan patrol and the wife found it to big, now towing with a swb shogun.

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!