Unicorn 2 / 3. Alarm

Cadiz 3

Help required. Have got a unicorn 3 coming soon. What type of alarm is fitted & how do you set it . Is it independant of the tracker . Didn't see a remote fob with the door key or a motion senser inside. Could it be set with the door key when you turn lock. . Need to find out for insurance purposes . Thank you

Hi

Unicorn 2 has a key fob for the alarm .

There are motion sensors inside as in a PIR to detect intruders and a caravan motion sensor which triggers if the caravan is moved.

Assume unicorn 3 will be on a similar line, I don't think the alarm has any link to the tracker. .

Help required. Have got a unicorn 3 coming soon. What type of alarm is fitted & how do you set it . Is it independant of the tracker . Didn't see a remote fob with the door key or a motion senser inside. Could it be set with the door key when you turn lock. . Need to find out for insurance purposes . Thank you

Cant you ask the dealer or Bailey ?

Let us know what you find out

Thanks for your replies. Bailey has been cost cutting there is no alarm fitted to unicorn 3 . Only tracker with a 3 month free trial . Looks like I will be fitting my own alarm . Thank you for helping out.

Looks like I will be fitting my own alarm.

That makes 2 of us!

Now which one. ...?

Update:

Spoke to my dealer. The new U3 DOES NOT have a fitted alarm

That's disgraceful on a van costing that amount of hard-earned cash. The insurance companies will love this - up go the premiums! Edited by Glen and Les

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Even on the U2 I found that the alarm wasn't very efficient at detecting anyone entering via the door and as a result I added a second movement sensor.

So no alarm means you can do a proper job :)

Audi Q5 3. 0Tdi S Line

I agree the U1 was the same, the PIR is useless really, in fact I got the dealer to re-site it nearer the door.

Much preferred the IDM alarm, but I don't think they exist anymore?

Surprised that the U3 has no alarm, shame on you Bailey, no wonder the GT is selling so well.

Checked with insurance. Alarm not required Wheel. Lock &. Hitch lock all that's required. Agree with Rodger3596 alarm was not much use Money saved. For more nights away. Thanks for all your replys

Checked with insurance. Alarm not required Wheel. Lock &. Hitch lock all that's required. Agree with Rodger3596 alarm was not much use Money saved. For more nights away. Thanks for all your replys

There are loads of options for alarms out there, even a very basic portable alarm is a deterrent, especially if you already have a tracker fitted and they are as cheap as chips, without the hassle, or there are some good self fit systems for peace of mind rather than any insurance saving.

http://www. screwfix. com/p/yale-portable-pir-alarm/38946

http://www. worldofmotorhomes. com/security/tracking-systems/minder-gsm

http://www. easyalarms. co. uk/yacht_boat_caravan_alarm_systems. asp

When I puschased my 2011 Velencia the ins. co's. I tried all wanted £20K + 'vans alarmed & with a tracker or would not ins. at all, or with the few that would the premiums went sky-high. Once the market value dropped below £20K it was a different matter.

Perhaps things have changed since.

I have to agree with those that say the standard fit left a lot to be desired, I consider the traker next to useless & the alarm not much better, even though the ins. co's. love them. I despare at finding mine dissabled, more times than not, when I visit the storage at 2-3 weeks intervals max. due to nearby Baileys triggering it (caused by penny-pinching on the low number of different codes so Im told). So being able to fit a worthwhile one is a plus IMHO, that goes double for the pathetic door lock!!

The mk 2 & 3 are with-out doubt cheapened versions of the mk 1, but at a similar price.

I will be looking for something BETTER, as opposed to just something different come change time.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

I Have also ordered a Cadiz 3, which Insurance company did you speak too

The CC insurance offer discounts, but not for a hitch lock, so not all insurance companies are the same, I fit one anyway.

Also get a discount for the tilt alarm.

I might fit a Keen electronics one to my U3. Had one on the Lunar and had no trouble. Fitted a Sargent Stinger alarm to my Ancona. I wont be fitting one of those again.

I have my van insured with Lifesure insurance . Must be stored at a proper storage site (cass. Reg ). To qualify . New for old just under £300

So Bailey have gone with a Tracker which you have to inform tracker that your van has been stolen, and no alarm, glad were keeping our u2 and when time to change unless things change I'll be looking elsewhere.

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

I Have also ordered a Cadiz 3, which Insurance company did you speak too

Suggest CaravanGuard who are based in Halifax. Have found them good to deal with, competitive on pricing, and above all friendly. If you have a Tracker on contract you get 25% discount.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

So Bailey's top of the range marque ( in Valencia trim at least ) now has an over the top fridge freezer, rubbish tracker, BBQ point on the wrong side, a completely useless tv point & now no alarm ! Thankfully I binned the VIP invitation to view one at our local dealers next friday.

Think our next van will see us going back to Sterlings, as the continental transverse bed model looks the dogs whatsit's.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

So Bailey have gone with a Tracker which you have to inform tracker that your van has been stolen, and no alarm, glad were keeping our u2 and when time to change unless things change I'll be looking elsewhere.

Kev

If that's the case and if you store your van in storage or are away from home. ......by the time you know the worst has happened the tracker unit will have been ripped out! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out where it's fitted lol

Audi Q5 3. 0Tdi S Line

I went through this exercise on both my Unicorn 1 & 2, with both dealer and Bailey at the works rally.

They told me if the alarm is set and the caravan is stolen, it's does not automatically inform tracker, so nothing has changed, its up to the owner to discover and call both the police and tracker.

I went through this exercise on both my Unicorn 1 & 2, with both dealer and Bailey at the works rally.

They told me if the alarm is set and the caravan is stolen, it's does not automatically inform tracker, so nothing has changed, its up to the owner to discover and call both the police and tracker.

well my u2 has the tracker init that has a motion sensor in it which alerts tracker if the van is moved with the alarm set. There is a 5 min delay for the tracker after the alarm sounds.

The system that is in the u3 is the tracker retrive where you need to inform them.

what I have quoted is also in the bailey manual for the u2

kev

Edited by Kevin H

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

well my u2 has the tracker init that has a motion sensor in it which alerts tracker if the van is moved with the alarm set. There is a 5 min delay for the tracker after the alarm sounds.

The system that is in the u3 is the tracker retrive where you need to inform them.

what I have quoted is also in the bailey manual for the u2

kev

+1

Exactly the same set up as our Pegasus. Tracker have three contact telephone numbers of ours to alert us If its stolen or moved.

Edited by Gaz40

So Bailey's top of the range marque ( in Valencia trim at least ) now has an over the top fridge freezer, rubbish tracker, BBQ point on the wrong side, a completely useless tv point & now no alarm ! Thankfully I binned the VIP invitation to view one at our local dealers next friday.

Think our next van will see us going back to Sterlings, as the continental transverse bed model looks the dogs whatsit's.

to mention, the continental has exactly the same tracker unit as the unicorn, just in case you thought it might be different.