Old Thetford---How To Clean And Dry?

blondchaser

Since returning to caravanning we are blessed with this wonderful invention of an inside shunkie ie. The Thetford Cassette toilet.

At both sides and behind the seat there is a deep rim which I have difficulty getting into to clean and then dry, especially at the rear of the seat.

Today---enough is enough, so I cut a 14" length of solid plastic bar and sealed it into place at the rear. Will have to wait and see if this helps the situation.

Have any of you guys had a similar problem with the old Thetford and how did you overcome it??

Baby wipes wrapped round the end of something narrow enough to fit the gap. ....... or Cotton Buds.

When I clean my Thetford I remove the seat, and again use babt wipes or toilet paper. My seat if you gently push-in 2 retaining lugs lifts out. enough force.

Sorry pressed the wrong key on computer. Apply just enough force to free the lugs. This makes cleaning much easier.