Waste Bins

Recently purchased an older van with no waste bin fitted. Any suggestions what to get for this purpose ?

David

We use a collapsible thing (toy bin I think) that pops up when the velcro is undone. We put a bin liner in and 'bob's yer uncle'. It sits in the shower or in the awning if up.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

We use a cheap plastic WPB and that way it can go wherever you want it to. The one fitted on the door is next to useless and is now used for storing placcy bags.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We use a cheap plastic "flip top" bin but the problem I have nowadays is with the need to recycle so much we really need 2 bins!

At the moment we just use a carrier bag in the awning or on the floor just inside the door if we're away without it, but certainly this year we've had more stuff in the re-cycle bag than in the bin on some days ( food and beer cans, bottles, papers, cardboard etc) so I've been trying to persuade the OH that we need a pair of bins!! but then where to put them? and BTW we do use our shower as a shower so that's not the answer and the awning isn't that convenient for food waste as it tends to drip!!

Perhaps the ideal answer is a pair of "waste disposal chutes" like in the old American movies from next to the sink leading to collection boxes on the outside - would save space inside and no nasty smells of old food waste :)

Jim

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)

Thanks for your help folks, have ordered the collapsible bin with Velcro from ebay for £6. 99 so that should do the job.

David

We bought this while in france this year it is supposed to go in a kitchen cupboard, we fitted it to the caravan door, it works well :)

http://www. castorama. fr/store/Poubelle-de-porte-porte-sacs-20-a-30-L-prod2360011. html?navAction=jump&isSearchResult=true

We use a cheap plastic WPB and that way it can go wherever you want it to. The one fitted on the door is next to useless and is now used for storing placcy bags.

Would someone please tell me how to fit a plastic bag into a standard door mounted container please! I've never managed to fit one that doesn't flop down on the door side whilst remaining fairly well fixed on the outer side where it clamps in place.

Have I been missing something all these years!

We bought this while in france this year it is supposed to go in a kitchen cupboard, we fitted it to the caravan door, it works well :)

http://www. castorama. fr/store/Poubelle-de-porte-porte-sacs-20-a-30-L-prod2360011. html?navAction=jump&isSearchResult=true

Looks excellent. Is the bag a standard easily obtainable one and does it fix firmly around the top and not collapse when anything is put in it?

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

The bags are 20-30 litre capacity which we bought in a french supermarket, not sure if they are available here. They are held in by a plastic ring at the top, the weight of the bag sits on the base so it does not collapse when anything is put in.

We store our motor mover wallet and spirit level in it too. ... as well as the bin bags. We've never used it as a bin either. ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Would someone please tell me how to fit a plastic bag into a standard door mounted container please! I've never managed to fit one that doesn't flop down on the door side whilst remaining fairly well fixed on the outer side where it clamps in place.

Have I been missing something all these years!

We just use a plastic clothes peg clipped onto the top rail to hold up the edge of the bag. Works for us.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution