1St Ever Caravan

6206greg

hi,looking for a bit of advice, as per title, this is looking favourite, a tad under £8k, but with a starter pack included.

I have to say its like new, very nice, anybody any experience of these, I'm brand new to it!

thanks

What caravan you looking at

its in the title,

compass liberty air, 2007

Looks can be deceiving !

If you know not much about caravans, I would suggest you getting a mobile engineer to do a pre purchase inspection before parting with any cash.

Its from Marquis leisure at Dinninngton, they are basically saying the 3 year warranty covers any damp ingress for the 1st 12months,£1000 cover towards damp cover in 2nd year, £500 in third year, all appliances etc. covered for 3 years.

Its from Marquis leisure at Dinninngton, they are basically saying the 3 year warranty covers any damp ingress for the 1st 12months,£1000 cover towards damp cover in 2nd year, £500 in third year, all appliances etc. covered for 3 years.

Is this on a van and appliances that are already 7 years old

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

That's what they're telling me, I agree with what your saying.

Obviously it has to be serviced yearly by them, as to which I haven't got a price for yet.

I think the van could be sourced cheaper, but it really is like new, you can see the microwave, cooker,hob, fridge, look as new.

As i've said we're brand new to this, but not daft!!

its not the cheapest, but still seems a good buy.

do you need a 5 berth caravan? do you have kids, if not then you could look at the bailey senator vermont, very nice van with a good size shower, i personaly couldnt get on with a small shower room that is in the liberte, also i think it is a bit over priced

but at the end of the day it is your choice and if it feels right then go for it

phil

Phil, its a 17/4, We've spent FRI/SAT/SUN going to as many dealers as possible in south yorks, notts, west yorks! some of them twice.

We've had a look at a couple of private sales, and to be honest they don't seem any better value.

We don't have any kids (under 18 or that will be coming with us!). We've been down the two berth route and decided to go for a 4 berth with rear wash room, hence two visits to the dealers.

I think its overpriced too, but there seems an awful lot of other stuff overpriced.

Its starting to pickle our brains a bit!!!!! and I was hoping after the last bank holiday it may get easier

We are keen to get out there, but in the same breathe want to get it right first time.

very nice caravans, we are selling our vermont soon so we can get a bailey senator wyoming, the best thing about the vermont and wyoming is the end bathroom, well i say the best thing? everything about the senator range is spot on, i think lunar make a simular model of the same lay out, it's a pitty you are so far away, you could come and take a look at ours to get some idear of the layout

phil

Sometimes it is better to pay a little over the odds for something that feels right. I would personally pay for an independent damp check. When I collected my present van it was new but I still insisted in a damp check in my presence.

At the age of the van the tyres are probably original and due for replacing. I replace my caravan tyres at 7 years regardless of wear - some do so at 5 years.

No idea on actual values. 10 years ago my eldest daughter needed a car and I loaned her the money. We looked at loads. We finally found one in a main dealership, 5 years old, that I felt was overpriced but a good car and the best we had seen. I recommended buying it. 11 years on it has cost for a battery, some tyres and wiper blades.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

hi,looking for a bit of advice, as per title, this is looking favourite, a tad under £8k, but with a starter pack included.

I have to say its like new, very nice, anybody any experience of these, I'm brand new to it!

thanks

I have been a caravanner for many years and have owned six caravans over that time period.

I am well aware of what to look out for when buying a caravan and have walked away many times when viewing an "immaculate caravan first to see will buy" etc I recently bought our latest caravan from a local dealer and I paid quite a bit over the book price for a caravan of that year,the reason it was indeed immaculate and to be honest it had hardly been used. So do not be put off by being told you can find a cheaper caravan elswhere,yes you can but will it be a better caravan ? maybe not.

In my opinion when buying a caravan is take your time and look at as many as you can and then you will get a feel of what is good and what is not so good. You should pay more for a dealer van as you will get some sort of gurantee although I have viewed vans privately and was amazed at the asking price when a simular van was vailable form a dealer priced less.

Loads of caravans out there to view,take your time now is a good time to buy and will only get better as the months go by.

Let us know how you get on ? good luck and welcome to the fantastic world of caravans.

Looks good Greg. Enjoy.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

very nice looking, enjoy it, i bet you cant wait to get away now.

phil

Welcome to the freedom of caravanning. Enjoy your new retreat on wheels :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

Yep, I have to agree, it looks great, welcome to this great world of ours.

• 2 weeks later...

post-69382-0-84581800-1409864535_thumb.jpg

It's home!!

The mrs has kitted it out from the next catalogue!!

Picked it up from Marquis at Dinnington today,and I must say the service really has been very,very good,from getting it ready quicker than agreed( due to my work commitments),the guy who spent an hour and a half handing it over to us, he really did explain everything,(it's our first caravan), couldn't really ask for more .

The van pulls it a treat, the amount of stuff in the van is silly, 2 bikes, golf clubs, fishing tackle, BBQ,awning,etc etc and about 750kg to spare!

Sherwood Forest big carp hunting tomoz, 1st trip, can't wait.

attachicon.gifimage. jpg

It's home!!

The mrs has kitted it out from the next catalogue!!

Picked it up from Marquis at Dinnington today,and I must say the service really has been very,very good,from getting it ready quicker than agreed( due to my work commitments),the guy who spent an hour and a half handing it over to us, he really did explain everything,(it's our first caravan), couldn't really ask for more .

The van pulls it a treat, the amount of stuff in the van is silly, 2 bikes, golf clubs, fishing tackle, BBQ,awning,etc etc and about 750kg to spare!

Sherwood Forest big carp hunting tomoz, 1st trip, can't wait.

You baffle me with all that load. 750kg to spare?

How do you work this weight out?

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com