2013 Swift Challenger Sport 564

Townie

This is the model with two permanent single beds. My wife noticed an area at the foot of her bed which looked and felt like somebody had scattered a handful of sand over the wall board and then painted over it. I took the caravan in and they checked it with a meter. Damp!

They ordered the wall board and will have it in for a fix (under warranty) on tuesday 26th. It will be in for about a week to allow for the location and fix of the leak, removal of the affected wallboard and to allow the caravan to dry out and then refitting the new wallboard.

Will let you know how it goes.

Soon to be caravanless Mike. :unsure::unsure:

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

If it is the side of van near window, open the window right open and look outside at rubber at top corner radius and you will probably find it pulled away from side panel and as rain runs down the side goes in behind rubber. Will need new rubber . If when window rubber is installed it has not been pushed back into aperture properly before stapling, the tension in the rubber pulls it away. I have had rubbers on two windows replaced under warranty when my 2013 Sport was 7 months old. for this reason, but i found it before any damage had occurred.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

If it is the side of van near window, open the window right open and look outside at rubber at top corner radius and you will probably find it pulled away from side panel and as rain runs down the side goes in behind rubber. Will need new rubber . If when window rubber is installed it has not been pushed back into aperture properly before stapling, the tension in the rubber pulls it away. I have had rubbers on two windows replaced under warranty when my 2013 Sport was 7 months old. for this reason, but i found it before any damage had occurred.

Yes, that's what the engineer who did the testing said was the probable cause. I'll have to check all the other windows. Thanks for your input.

Mike

Took it in this morning. They said it should be ready by the middle of next week. I've asked them to do the annual service on it while it's in there, (due end of october). Fingers crossed.

Mike.

I was lucky with ours, last November when it was 7 months old, i thought i would do a self check before winter and lifted window rubbers all round and found one window it had a reading of 56% at both bottom corners and another one had the reading at one corner only. As i only live about a mile from my dealer he came and checked with his meter and put a claim in. Rubbers were replaced and sealed and now all readings are normal, but appears this is common, as the rubbers if when fitted are not pushed back against frame opening, ie rubber stretched they come away at corners, so keep an eye on the other widows.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

• 3 weeks later...

Picked the caravan up this morning. Inside it is immaculate with no signs of any disturbance. Service done and they even washed it for us. Well done Newport Caravans!

Mike.

Is your caravan of SMART construction?

Is this the "wood free" wall supports? If it is, I think ours was one of the last to use wood :(:(