Kia Sedona

jackieann62

If I take the rear seats out of a Kia Sedona to create more floor space, would this have an adverse effect eg 200 kgs on my towing capabilites. I am towing a 1600 kg caravan? Any advice would be appreciated.

I would have thought the Sedona has a similar kerb weight to a chrysler voyager at about 2000 kilos. I used to take the rear seats out of my old voyager often when we used to have our old eldis at 1580 kgs & that was always fine, still gave a good match at 1800 kgs minus the seats.

Gives you a massive boot space so you'll probably make that 200 kgs up anyway!!

Just be careful when removing the seats as they are heavy!!!

Edited by Woodie106

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I agree with Woodie. I removed the third row of seats from our old Galaxy. I was towing our old Swift (1400kg) at the time and it was still a good towing combination. The only trouble was that friends and family saw the size of the luggage space and used me as a free transport service!!

As Woodie says, watch your back, the seats are quite heavy.

Mike.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Hi we tow with a 2. 9TS auto Sedona and they weigh in at something like 2240Kg.

Removing your rear seats (as we have on occasions) even though they're pretty heavy would have no affect at all.

Lots of room in the back though.

Given the kerb weight you are talking of an 85% figure of around 1900Kg.

The seats definitely aren't 300Kg, believe me.

We tow a van with a max of 1480Kg and it's no effort.

By the way there's a bit of a technique required to refit the seats.

Once sorted it's easy, might be a bit of swearing though.

Hope this helps.

Can't take the seats out of my stow-n-go :)

Yep - blinding idea stow & go seating. In less than 5 minutes you've got a very comfortable van with hardly any effort. Though pushing the buttons to open & close the rear doors can be a bit of a hardship :D

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I find the button for the hatchback a real pain too - you have to press it TWICE!

;)